• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BAJA 1000

beyond the band

cantankerous newb
Got a last minute call that there was a guy building a car to enter the Baja 1000. They built the entire car in 30 days. Impressive. They have never raced in Baja before so they asked if I would be the navigator. I agreed.

Here is the link to the car build LINKY

Here is the link to the info about the race LINKY

Here is some live info Live info

Here you can track us (Car 401) Track car 401

Race is tomorrow
Talk to y'all when I get back

When you said they built it in 30 days I figured they started with a more or less complete car and modified it to run the race. Seeing the photos blew my mind. Some very impressive craftsmanship there. :thumbs:

It was also cool to see the SolidWorks drawings. We use it here at work and just received release 2010 in the mail today.

Vary cool....I have seen a few documentaries on off road racing (including Baja) and all of the races have one thing in common - it's one hell of a bone jarring ride for both people in the vehicle - I just spent some time looking through the links provided and it should be pretty easy to periodically follow this today.
Once again - VERY COOL!
Stay safe and good luck.
Tom