• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Baki Meers

LilBastage

Meat is murder! Tasty, tasty murder.
I'm looking for a good quality meerschaum pipe and some of his designs are pretty nice. Does anyone here have any experience with his pipes?

Any other recommendations?

Those look really nice. I have a CAO but I don't think they compare. At least mine doesn't.  I would love to get a really nice one, but I can't be disiplined enough to wear a glove while smoking.

Those are beautiful pipes, Alan!

I'm curious though, why would one need to wear a glove while smoking a meer? Aren't the oils and heat from use what gives a meer it's character over time?

Those are beautiful pipes, Alan!

I'm curious though, why would one need to wear a glove while smoking a meer? Aren't the oils and heat from use what gives a meer it's character over time?

It's the oils and heat from the tobacco you want, not the oils and dirt from your skin. Some people are more fastidious about it than others. Personally, I like a darker waxed meer as compared to the super white meers so the coloring is something I probably won't be too concerned with. This isn't going to be a museum or heirloom piece. It's for smoking.

I have two Baki pipes and they are probably my two favorite smokers... Probably the best quality block and best engineering you can find in a meerschaum pipe, and Deniz Ural is a pleasure to deal with. I wouldn't hesitate for a second buying more,,, in fact I'm usually browsing Deniz's site a few times a week.

As one of my friends says... "Once you go Baki, you won't go Back-ee!"

In my experience with new meerschaum pipes, the white cotton gloves are only necessary for the first half dozen bowls of tobacco. Good quality new meers have a thick coating of bees wax and this heats up and gets sucked into the block during these first smokes. After that I no longer use the glove.

I have heard wonderful things about Baki's. I really like his squat rhodesians. That being said, you might want to check out Tekin. They have delrin tenons and are well made. Prices are very reasonable. He usually puts a couple up on ebay in addition to his website. Can get a real good deal that way. Here is a pic of one I recently picked up.

tekin.jpg

Thanks for all the responses, guys. I'll check out Tekin pipes and I'm looking at a couple of Bakis that I really like. I'll be buying in the next couple of weeks, probably. I want to get some smoking in with it before winter, so the sooner I can get it started, the better.