• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bali Blue Moon is my new favorite coffee

steamboat

Future Skinny Person
Jeff Gilley roasting coffee

coffee1.jpg

coffee2.jpg

coffee3.jpg

coffee4.jpg

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt107/967andy/coffee5.jpg[/img

[size="5"]My friend Jeff Gilley has picked up coffee roasting as a new hobby. He is world famous all over Southern Indiana for his home brew and BBQ. He introduced me to Bali Blue Moon which hits my palate like a sledgehammer. It is absolutely the best coffee I have ever tasted.

Don't get between me and the coffee pot when his Bali Blue Moon is on because I am not responsible for my actions in that situation, LOL.

The roaster is a perforated stainless steel drum that fits on the rotisserie. The coffee has to be cooled quickly to prevent over roasting, hence the box fan sitting up on bricks. [/size]

Thats's really cool. I never thought of grilling beans but, it makes perfect sense. I bet it is fantastic. I might have to look into one of those roto roasters. Just what I need another hobby (okay vice) ;) . Very cool idea though.

Thanks for sharing.

Man, I bet you can't get it any fresher than from cooling fan. What kind of coffee does he roast, I bet a good espresso could be had from that baby......

I have both Bali BM and Bali Kintamatari beans that I roast regularly. They are the same bean same region, but processed differently. Amazing how different they are. The Kintamatari is probably my favorite bean to roast these days. The best description I have been able to come up with for the flavor is "wild."

I have both Bali BM and Bali Kintamatari beans that I roast regularly. They are the same bean same region, but processed differently. Amazing how different they are. The Kintamatari is probably my favorite bean to roast these days. The best description I have been able to come up with for the flavor is "wild."

Is that what you shared with me in KC or was that the left over dregs of your roasting process? I haven't had a cup of coffee that good since, whichever it was (even with the POS hotel machine).

Is that what you shared with me in KC or was that the left over dregs of your roasting process? I haven't had a cup of coffee that good since, whichever it was (even with the POS hotel machine).

Yeah, No. That was the batch I spiked with crack.

Cool pics! The question on my mind is...how can I get some? :blush:

Jeff is a hobbyist so there isn't a website. There is a guy in New Albany that roasts & sells Bali Blue Moon. He is in the Homebrew Club with Jeff and his name is Ed but that is all I know.

I am running out fast or I would send you enough for a pot.

Okay, Bali Kintamatari is at the top of the list for "NEXT!"

WOW that sounds super interesting. My Fiancée is quite the coffee fanatic, I'm just getting into the stuff personally.