• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Balvenie Vintage Cask 1966 trio

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Strictly a "Look at me" post but I have finally completed the trio of Balvenie 1966 Vintage Casks (D 1966, B 1997). They were released in 3 styles. First and most common initially were the ones with the hand written black lettering on the tube (left). Next was a smaller release of ones with hand written gold lettering on the tube (middle). Finally, the stock was recalled and most were put in a wood box put on to help sales (right). It took me years to find one and more than I wanted to spend but here is the complete set. Probably not more than 5-7 of these sets in the world.

06/03/09 With the new information I just received it seems that over half were recalled and boxed so the rare ones just might be the original black ink version. I can confirm about 2.000 bottles total of all types released but there may have been a cask I have missed.

Balvenie%20Vintage%20Cask%201966%20trio%20sm.JPG

Very nice collection Ray. Sad to say I do not have one of the other sets.

Ken

WOW-WEE WOW-WOW What a great set. I know if I had the set like that I could not bring myself to tasting them. I am impressed AVB!! :thumbs:

Now that's a great set. :D Congrats on completing it.

Besides the satisfaction of owning something so rare, is there anything you can do with it in terms of shows, conventions, groups with similar collections? Just curious.

Never really thought about it. I'm not sure I'd chance traveling around with it much.

Now that's a great set. :D Congrats on completing it.

Besides the satisfaction of owning something so rare, is there anything you can do with it in terms of shows, conventions, groups with similar collections? Just curious.

What an unbelievable find, I have never seen the complete set. Sorry, I had to post because this is just WOW!!!

Thank you. I didn't buy it as a set, I had one then two and finally found the wood box version. Only took me about 5 years :0