• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ban in public places?

I doubt any such law would apply to private property. If it is written that way, a court decision will quickly reverse it.
In the state of MN you may not smoke in your home if it contains a home office with one or more on-site employees, or areas of your home are used as a place to meet or deal with customers in the course of business as it is considered a "workplace".

You can't smoke in any private clubs if they actually employ anyone.

Sounds like it applies to a lot of private property already, and the first challenges in MN have been lost. Don't think it can't happen anywhere else. It can.

The state of Hawaii including the island of Oahu (where I live and is the most popular one for variation) has a smoking ban where a minimum of 20 feet from any doorway or window in a business or residential condo or apartment is in effect. This does not apply to residential houses, thank goodness.
The legislature this year recently had a bill on the table trying to ban smoking on the beaches but it failed :thumbs: . I think because we are dependant on tourism and a lot of them smoke cigarettes that the polictians were wary of doing that. I feel it had more to do about the littering that occurs when people bury their butts in the sand instead of putting it in their soda can and throwing it away later.
Soooooo, you can't smoke on your hotel balcony checking out the sunset, but you can take a nice stroll along the beach and smoke a nice stogie! Or you can always smoke in your car, drive to a great lookout point and finish your treat. ;)

Dave

ps. for those that care, we have totally nude strip clubs.............can you say nekkid!

Light at the end of the long, long tunnel?

LINK
Let's hope.

That is an interesting story given that many universities are voluntarily going smoke free campus wide. That includes outdoors. I know a lot of the Minnesota Unis have adopted that policy (if not all of them). As far back as 1997 Indiana University had gone smoke free indoors and within 15 feet of entrances. They have now gone smoke free on all campus property with the exception of a couple of small outdoor areas around residence halls and the student union.

ps. for those that care, we have totally nude strip clubs.............can you say nekkid!

We've got those here too. Full nude, full alcohol, and they offer a wide selection of cigars (or you can bring your own)! Well at least for the time being, if the smoking ban goes through that will change. What's funny to me is they sell it that way in their ads. Gotta love the midwest, now if it were only warm for more of the year...

We've got those here too. Full nude, full alcohol, and they offer a wide selection of cigars (or you can bring your own)! Well at least for the time being, if the smoking ban goes through that will change. What's funny to me is they sell it that way in their ads. Gotta love the midwest, now if it were only warm for more of the year...

I thought that was a done deal. Didn't the Tavern League reach an agreement with the legislature about it? I thought I saw that on the news.

Here in Utah we have the most horrific ban I've heard of. Total prohibition in public places both indoors and out. Basically you can smoke in your private residence or vehicle and that's about it. Only a matter of time before those are banned as well :(

WTH is this country coming to? Can't even smoke outdoors in your own backyard Craig?

Here in Utah we have the most horrific ban I've heard of. Total prohibition in public places both indoors and out. Basically you can smoke in your private residence or vehicle and that's about it. Only a matter of time before those are banned as well :(

We have the same here in Iowa but it is even worse in my opinion. You can't smoke on the patio of a bar or restaurant that sells food other than prepackaged bar food. So if there is any food prep area, you can't even smoke outside of a bar. Also, if it is a company vehicle, you can't smoke in it. The powers that be have determined that a vehicle used for work purposes such as trucks or even company provided cars such as I drive are extensions of the work place and therefore you can't smoke in them even if you are the only one that rides in it. A couple of months ago our first lady of Iowa was caught smoking in the SUV she rides around in, which is provided by the state. I don't know if she was ticketed or not but it made pretty big news here. I looked up hypocrisy in the dicitonary soon after that to see what she looked like.

I thought that was a done deal. Didn't the Tavern League reach an agreement with the legislature about it? I thought I saw that on the news.

Honestly I'm not sure if it has passed yet or not. To my knowledge it hasn't yet, but I haven't been to the bar this week. FWIW they're still running the ads on the radio.

I thought you could still smoke on the bars patio. Glad I got out of the state before this silliness occurred. I do miss Herfin' with ya while playing poker at Piper.