• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Banana bourbon pancakes

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
I know, it doesn't count without pictures but I just stumbled on my recipe and decided to share it. I will post pics when I make them because now I have a hankerin for them.

1. Mix your favorite basic pancake mix and set aside.
  2. Slice bananas about 1/4" thick and set aside.
  3. Melt 2-3 tablespoons of butter in a skillet depending on how many pancakes you are making.
  4. When the butter is melted, add an equal amount of bourbon and the banana slices.
  5. Simmer the bananas until they start to break down but not long enough for them to turn to complete mush.
  6. Mix this into the batter and cook as usual.

I know, it doesn't count without pictures but I just stumbled on my recipe and decided to share it. I will post pics when I make them because now I have a hankerin for them.

1. Mix your favorite basic pancake mix and set aside.
  2. Slice bananas about 1/4" thick and set aside.
  3. Melt 2-3 tablespoons of butter in a skillet depending on how many pancakes you are making.
  4. When the butter is melted, add an equal amount of bourbon and the banana slices.
  5. Simmer the bananas until they start to break down but not long enough for them to turn to complete mush.
  6. Mix this into the batter and cook as usual.
Sounds like a good desert with a little home made whip cream on top......I like it!

Edit to add........and a nice port to wash it down.

Sounds like a good desert with a little home made whip cream on top......I like it!

Edit to add........and a nice port to wash it down.

The bananas on ice cream, or pudding, would be amazing!

Might have to go get some bananas:)

Mmmmmm!!!! You’re so going to do this with vanilla bean ice cream and Screwball Whiskey when I come and visit in the next month or two.
Hell Yeah!!! Bananas and peanut butter..... 😎
Deal!

If it's going to be anything like last time, I better bring three bottles of screwball :cool:

Look up Bananas Foster desert. Similar, and very good.

Floyd T
It's funny because this recipe came about (for me) on one of those weekends at camp. When preparing to leave on Sunday morning, I did an inventory of what we had that could possibly make a breakfast. We had some sausage, some bananas, and a couple of those add water and shake pancake mixes.....there is always whiskey. And so I decided to make banana pancakes, with sausage, and just naturally added some whiskey.

Didn't surprise me to see later that it was a thing because it was so simple and so good!

The GF and I shared a stack of bananas foster pancakes while on a little roadtrip vacation in wine country. The pancakes were every bit as decadent and delicious as you would imagine. Very similar to the pancakes in this thread. I'll have to try to make them myself sometime.

Mmmmmm!!!! You’re so going to do this with vanilla bean ice cream and Screwball Whiskey when I come and visit in the next month or two.
Hell Yeah!!! Bananas and peanut butter..... 😎
I took your suggestion and made it again last night using Screwball, served on Vanilla Bean ice cream. It was subtle and delicious!

Next time I do the pancakes, I am going to replace the butter with peanut butter.
1617455414902.png