• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Band of brothers

Just read a bit on him at wildbillguarnere.com written by his daughter. Very intriguing, I will have to research more. Thanks for the "heads up".

Great guy if you ever get the chance to meet him. My friend and I did a project on the 101st back in high school and got an interview with him as part of it. Gave us some signed airborne hats, signed copies of the Band of Brothers book, and his Veterans of the Battle of the Bulge dog tags. And we got almost two hours of interview time with him.

You met Wild Bill? Very cool, I would love to meet one of them.

Esquad.jpg

Burr Smith is in the back row standing all the way to the left. He doesn't look like someone I would want mad at me.

Very cool that you got to meet Wild Bill- I try to meet as many of these folks as I can since the day will soon be here when none of them are left. I had the privilege to meet MoH winner Joe Foss back in 2000 before he passed and met Bud Day in 2008 at the WWII memorial in DC. The term Greatest Generation fit these gentlemen.

Like I said, he's just an all around great guy and he's completely open to talking about his experiences.
Awesome that you've met a MoH recipient though, there aren't many of those in general, let alone those who were awarded it while still alive.