• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bands on or off?

gawntrail

I’ve read through a few posts here and some have mentioned Cigar International (CI). I looked at their website and found some interesting stuff. Besides the cigars and deals, there was the Cigar 101 section. I was reading through it and found the part about bands. This got me thinking.

How do you guys smoke your sticks, with the band on or not? Why?

I smoke mine with the band on. After a few minutes I’ll twist the band toward the head so that only about 1 inch is ‘above’ the band. I do this because I am proud of the smokes I light. Whether it is a bundled, premium, or top shelf smoke, I like for others to see what I’m smoking. That’s just my personality. I wondered if others would elaborate?

Thanks,

M. Gipson :)

With it off. Just gets in the way if I am nubbing the cigar.

Sam

I always smoke with band on. If the smoke is just ok then I'll smoke it to the band and give up. If it rocks I'll remove the band at some point so I can nub it.

lucasbuck said:
I always smoke with band on. If the smoke is just ok then I'll smoke it to the band and give up. If it rocks I'll remove the band at some point so I can nub it.
Same.

I usually start with the band on, but I tend to... well... "mouth" my cigars a lot, and find the band gets in the way, so I usually end up taking it off after a few minutes. Tobacco tastes better than paper...

I take it off everytime. I usually smoke down pretty far and it'd just get in my way. Plus I usually hold the cigar about where the band it, so it always feels like it's in my way.

Most of the time I take the band off because I like to save them. They get too hard to remove after you get to smoking.

i generally remove the bands, lick the underside so it's nice and wet, and then stick it on my forehead.

this way the band, using osmosis will transfer it's flavor information into my brain and then i'll have the ultimate pleasure...

or maybe i just keep em locked up in my butt.

I usually smoke with the bands on. It's a good way to start a conversation with fellow smokers you may not know. (cigar stores,bars,ect) Has anyone experenced a different draw on cigars with the band removed? I smoked a Mayorga Torpedo recently that seemed to draw better after the band was removed. I never noticed this before.

vewyphishy said:
lucasbuck said:
Same.
Make that three. :)

Bands on, and if I'm really loving the cigar, and decide to nub it- I remove the band when I get close to the end. If its domestic (ie: non-isom), I'll toss the band (whenever I toss the cigar or the band, whichever comes first) I see no reason to keep bands from non-isom cigars. If its an isom cigar- I save the bands. :D

BTW: When I'm in a cigar lounge, cigar shop, a herf- or whatever.. Whereever cigar smoking goes on- Its my nature to ask what someone is smoking, its usually the beginning to a great conversation :)

Bobbyson1a said:
vewyphishy said:
lucasbuck said:
I always smoke with band on.  If the smoke is just ok then I'll smoke it to the band and give up.  If it rocks I'll remove the band at some point so I can nub it.
Same.
Make that three. :)
nope, check it to 4.

am proud of what I smoke, do not mind if others know I am puffin' on a $2 connie or a $10 ISOM.

used as a great conversation piece.
can def. think of one store right away where they sometimes ask you what it is before you light it. :D

it is a way to confer notes on a cigar "hey, see you have a Op. X #4, have you tries the DC yet? I find that the taste is a little better in the long one, etc ..."
then, it is also a way to get new sugg. on ones to try.

that, and they look pretty.
:love:

sir-smokes-a-lot said:
can def. think of one store right away where they sometimes ask you what it is before you light it. :D
If they ask you what it is before you light, you don't need the band! :sign:

j/k.

I always remove the band. I like to smoke my cigars unadulterated. I like the idea of holding tobacco rolled in tobacco and nothing else. The band, to me, dilutes the experience and makes it feel a bit more propoganda.

I leave the band on unless I am smoking a really expensive and hard to find stick. In that case I'll take it off to prevent those around me from developing cigar envy.

Tony Bones said:
I leave the band on unless I am smoking a really expensive and hard to find stick. In that case I'll take it off to prevent those around me from developing cigar envy.
I love it :p TTF

OH, Bands off. ;)

I like to leave the band on as long as possible. Some of the bands are really nice looking. :D

I'm with Scott, I leave them on until I haveto take it off.

OFF, I take them off right away and never smoke a cigar with the band on.

Bands off. I don't give free advertising to anybody. If a cigar manufacturer wants me to smoke with the band on, they can rebate me a buck a stick! :) I feel the same way about car dealerships that try to put their advertising stickers on cars they sell. They gotta pay, or no play. ;)

Seriously, I like the naked tobacco. Bands are a major inconvenience and a pet peeve of mine.