• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bank account hacked

jeht2000

bodybuilder for life
Placed a long distance order (read between the lines) yesterday for some cigars and found out today that the order didn't go thru. Now, this has happened before were I had to clear the charge with the bank. So, I called the bank to clear the transaction and then emailed the people. They email me back saying the card still didn't go thru. I go online and check out my account only to see that it was cleared out! And all of the transactions made were online. Be careful people

I need a drink!!!

State credit union. FUCKERS!!

If you want to know who i placed the online order with you will have to PM me

State credit union. FUCKERS!!

If you want to know who i placed the online order with you will have to PM me

Your choice, however, if this is the only online transaction suspect, you should name the site.

I'd change all the passwords to my online banking and anything else for that matter. If you happened to accidentally log into a hacker site that was disguised like your bank's website then thieves have your info. There are also other ways for people to get bank info. I've had some low life get ahold of my debit card number and empty my account. My bank called me after some suspicous charges and eventually replaced all the money that was stolen.

Are the charges that cleared out your account all from that cigar site? If not I wouldn't blame them completely until you know for sure.

Nope. Its all over the place! A bunch of stupid charges and thats why I can't understand why the bank didn't call me.

Sorry to hear that. I hope your bank gives you your money back.

Nope. Its all over the place! A bunch of stupid charges and thats why I can't understand why the bank didn't call me.
Samething happened to me and it took a sizeable chunk out of my account. I recovered almost all of it with a couple of phone calls to the places that the charges were made to. Most of them were for web hosting services...don't know about your situation but it's more than likely reversible.

Damn, hope it all gets worked out bro. I remember getting my college phone account hacked into and getting stiffed with a $200 phone bill (for the month). Luckily they realized that I didn't make that 1hr phone call to vietnam.

That's the reason I have a separate account for online transactions only. I transfer money into it when I need it. Other than then it just sits there with a couple of dollars in it.

Sorry about your loss.

Not that it helps now, but NEVER use a card attached to a checking or savings account to make online purchases. This is exactly why. At least if it is a VISA, MC, or Am-Ex you can dispute the charges and you still have your cash in your accounts.

As safe as online purchases are (I've never had an issue and I buy a lot online), it's better to be safe and stick to using one VISA, MC, or Am-Ex card for all your online purchases.

Sorry to hear about your problems and best of luck getting it worked out. :thumbs:

That's the reason I have a separate account for online transactions only. I transfer money into it when I need it. Other than then it just sits there with a couple of dollars in it.

Sorry about your loss.

x2 on both comments

Don't forget that you can put initial fraud alerts on your credit report since this is an identity theft case

Holy crap that sucks man! Damn sorry to hear about that. Sure hope it works out and you can get what you've lost back.

This is the reply from the vendor

We have not any problem with the security.

Regards

**shaking head**

If you have been hit by credit card fraud, don' forget to file a police report same as if someone stole you credit card. It sometimes is the determining document as to whether you are hit with the loss or not. Many banks and vendors view this a truth test.

Cparker

If you have been hit by credit card fraud, don' forget to file a police report same as if someone stole you credit card. It sometimes is the determining document as to whether you are hit with the loss or not. Many banks and vendors view this a truth test.

Cparker

Since I am trying to read between the lines, couldn't filing something with the police be a questionable idea?

Never, ever use a debit card for purchases as it is not a guarantee for disputes. Always use your regular charge card and if you have a Capital 1 account you will be protected. Never answer an email from your bank requesting information because : Your bank will never do that and they will never ask for your account or password. If in doubt, always call your bank!!!!!

I'm not sure why you're letting the entire community know you were screwed on a transaction with an off-shore vendor - and not willing to publically name the place that screwed you.

If your intention is to prevent fellow members from suffering the pain you endured, it seems to me the two go hand in hand!!!

Millions spent for online security can't make up for the $8 an hour clerk processing the request.