• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Banking

If you use a small bank or Internet bank, I would check and make sure they're FDIC insured. Don't take their word for it, go to the FDIC website and search for the name and make sure the address and phone match. Better to take a few minutes of your time and be safe than sorry.

I would have to agree with a few who have already stated this. Go with a credit union. I have never received the kind of service from a bank as with the credit union I am currently with.

CalixEros said:
If you use a small bank or Internet bank, I would check and make sure they're FDIC insured. Don't take their word for it, go to the FDIC website and search for the name and make sure the address and phone match. Better to take a few minutes of your time and be safe than sorry.
[snapback]288752[/snapback]​

If you as a private citizen feel the need to verufy this, the government has failed you.

One of the most basic things about a bank is whether it's insured and it's primary regulator (could be FDIC, the Fed, OCC, NCUA, or others).

Of course it's absolutely illegal not to be open and honest about that information.

If you ever encounter a situation where a depository institution is not open, forthcoming, and accurate in self-reporting this information, it's serious. At least as serious as mail fraud. If you ever have any doubt as to the practices of a bank, feel free to contact the Federal Reserve board at

http://www.federalreserve.gov/pubs/Complaints/

it does not matter if the Fed is not the primary regulator of the bank in question, as they will pass the information on.

Wayno said:
The banking industry is controlled and run by a bunch of thieves.
[snapback]290749[/snapback]​

All part of the global Zionist conspiracy, no doubt. :whistling: