• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Baseball is right around the corner!

Eshaw99

Just livin' the dream
I'm a HUGE baseball fan, and I can't freakin' wait for the season to start. Anybody else excited about this? Who's your team?

GO BRAVES! :thumbs:

Eric

I know I am actually lookin forward to this year..!!

So White Sox..

alexgtp said:

So White Sox..
[snapback]169906[/snapback]​

Closest team is a minor league one that is 72 miles away(Lincoln Saltdogs-AAA) :rolleyes: Or, I have the exciting option of listening to KC Royals baseball on the radio. :p If I'm lucky, I can get reception to the 850 KOA station in Denver. :D

alexgtp said:

So White Sox..
[snapback]169906[/snapback]​

Huge White Sox fan, it will be an interesting year. Not quite sold on the changes, but it has not worked for the last 4 years. They had to do something

What are you talkin' about you can't wait for baseball. Down here in Sunny Central Florida preseason has already started. I'm going to a game in a couple of weeks to see the wifey's team NY Mets beat up on the Braves. :D

Also going to see an Astros game next week and hopefully catch a few others before they all leave here.......... :D :thumbs: :p :cool:

Oh yeah baby, GO YANKEES. :cool:

I am a die-hard baseball fan; absolutely love it.

I am a Pirates fan; grew up watching bonds, van slyke, bonilla, etc.

Now I am stuck in central virginia, which actually isn't a bad area to be a ball fan. UVa has a top 25 team (and it's free for me), richmond (AAA, Braves) is an hour away, Lynchburg (A, Pirates) is 45 min, DC is about 2 hour and balitmore about 3h. So we have plenty of options.

I am so excited for the upcoming season!! Look forward to taking sometime out from cigars here to discuss baseball as well!!

Patrick

Looking for my Twins to beat up on the White Sox again this year. Won't be long before AJ Pierzynski starts to alienate their starting pitchers.

One thing I miss about living in Scottsdale and Tucson is missing the spring training games. Awesome weather, cold beer, and baseball. Just what spring is made for!

Gregor

I'm real happy the seasons back, too bad I have to root for the Phillies. This should be another frustrating year, hopefully Burrell's bat wakes up from its two year slumber.

Its funny, I was watchin the Nationals play a preseason game and I'm thinking, They dont look too bad, decent lineup, etc. Then I come to realize - ITS STILL THE F***ING EXPOS. Funny how nice new uniforms effects your perception.

Go Cards! Thanks for reminding me, I'll change the avitar back from the hunting theme.

Cards are better on paper, pitching primarily, than last year. Better on paper usually means you are done because something will get screwed up, injuries will happen etc. That's why they play 162.

Eshaw99 said:
I'm a HUGE baseball fan, and I can't freakin' wait for the season to start. Anybody else excited about this? Who's your team?

GO BRAVES! :thumbs:

Eric
[snapback]169892[/snapback]​

Indians fan!

all you fans and no one is interested in a Fantasy Baseball league

Lets go
mets_logo.jpg

Bill

I just can't get into Baseball, just not for me. :(

golfgar said:
Go Cards! Thanks for reminding me, I'll change the avitar back from the hunting theme.

Cards are better on paper, pitching primarily, than last year. Better on paper usually means you are done because something will get screwed up, injuries will happen etc. That's why they play 162.
[snapback]169950[/snapback]​

What golfgar said. Go Cards :D

That's because I play the free leagues on Yahoo. I'm not serious enough about it to pay to play.

cigarsarge said:
golfgar said:
Go Cards!  Thanks for reminding me, I'll change the avitar back from the hunting theme.

Cards are better on paper, pitching primarily, than last year.  Better on paper usually means you are done because something will get screwed up, injuries will happen etc.  That's why they play 162.
[snapback]169950[/snapback]​

What golfgar said. Go Cards :D
[snapback]169985[/snapback]​

Hey sarge, are you coming up for any games?

the mayor said:
Its funny, I was watchin the Nationals play a preseason game and I'm thinking, They dont look too bad, decent lineup, etc. Then I come to realize - ITS STILL THE F***ING EXPOS. Funny how nice new uniforms effects your perception.
[snapback]169946[/snapback]​

They're the Nats, not the Expos. Quite a few trades happened in the last two months that should improve their play, even with them being treated like an orphaned stepchild and a $50 million payroll ceiling imposed by the MLB owners. Hopefully in the next couple of months they will have new owners and Cadillac Bud can take a hike.

So far over 22,000 season tickets have been sold and good luck finding any Nationals merchandise available.

I'm a native of DC and I've been a Senators fan since I was a child and I've waited 34 years for MLB to get their collective heads out of their a**es and put a team back in Washington.

GO NATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shadow said:
I'm a native of DC and I've been a Senators fan since I was a child and I've waited 34 years for MLB to get their collective heads out of their a**es and put a team back in Washington.

I can't BELIEVE I've been watching the Rangers (formerly known as the Senators) for that long! And waiting for em to get and/or develop PITCHING :whistling:

ps..LC-Smoker.. Ya missed out on the Clemente, Stargell, etc...era.

Horse said:
Shadow said:

I can't BELIEVE I've been watching the Rangers (formerly known as the Senators) for that long! And waiting for em to get and/or develop PITCHING :whistling:

[snapback]170062[/snapback]​

I still curse Bob Short for taking the Senators to Texas!