• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bead Life

inflatus

GURPS
I did a search in the forum and could not find anything close to this question.

How long do beads last?

I take care of them and they are properly humidifying my cooler-dor. I have only had them for about (2) years. I am sure some of you have some older ones.

inflatus said:
I did a search in the forum and could not find anything close to this question.

How long do beads last?

I take care of them and they are properly humidifying my cooler-dor.  I have only had them for about (2) years.  I am sure some of you have some older ones.
[snapback]249012[/snapback]​

The beads have an indefinate life span. The only thing that will reduce the life of the beads are contaminates getting into the beads. This is the main reason for using distilled water only on the beads. Tap water or drinking water have impurities in them such as minerals and organics. These fill the pores of the beads and do not come out of the beads as they give off moisture. This will ultimately ruin the beads.

So long story short, the better you care for the beads the longer they will last. I have a few pounds that are 4-5 years old and are still working perfectly.

I've had mine for almost 2 years now... the color has started to turn slightly yellowish. Normal?

vewyphishy said:
I've had mine for almost 2 years now... the color has started to turn slightly yellowish. Normal?
[snapback]250218[/snapback]​

They are starting to pick up a little contaminates from the cigars and cedar. Unavoidable but "normal".