• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beer Of The Month Clubs

JHawk

Just Another La Flor Whore
Hey all --

I am looking to expand my beer knowledge. Has anyone tried an online beer of the month club? If so, what was the cost and was it worth it? What does it take to join? Thanks for any input. :)

JHawk said:
Hey all --

I am looking to expand my beer knowledge. Has anyone tried an online beer of the month club? If so, what was the cost and was it worth it? What does it take to join? Thanks for any input. :)
[snapback]284350[/snapback]​

I have never joined one because I don't think I could go for a month between beers :p

I usually get a different beer each time I go to the store. I have found that "Total Wine & Beer" and "Weigman's" both have great selections for sampling a ton of different beers.

~M

In Denver, we have Lucas Liquor Superstore - AVB would approve since they carry even the rarest of single malts. They also have the largest beer cooler I have ever seen. There is no point in joining a relatively high priced club when I can visit and chose from hundreds of ales alone. I'll grant that its usually the flashiest label that wins. If the club reviews of the beer and supplies information with the selection, it might be worth it.

They also sell well stored low to mid priced cigars.

I know of them but the bastages won't answer my email. I've asked a few times if they will ship. I can't imagine that they have Earthlink on a blacklist.

NullSmurf said:
In Denver, we have Lucas Liquor Superstore - AVB would approve since they carry even the rarest of single malts.
[snapback]284366[/snapback]​

NullSmurf said:
In Denver, we have Lucas Liquor Superstore - AVB would approve since they carry even the rarest of single malts. They also have the largest beer cooler I have ever seen. There is no point in joining a relatively high priced club when I can visit and chose from hundreds of ales alone. I'll grant that its usually the flashiest label that wins. If the club reviews of the beer and supplies information with the selection, it might be worth it.

They also sell well stored low to mid priced cigars.
[snapback]284366[/snapback]​

We have one here in KC as well, I will have to check it out. Thanks!

A place up in Portland called The Belmont Station carries just around 500 different types of beers. I also looked at several online beer of the month clubs but changed my mind. Since I brew beer and travel the world for good beer, no reason to waste the money on a club. Gomer's in KC isnt a bad selection either for beer and wine. Really lacking on the single malts tho. :(

Mr Peat said:
A place up in Portland called The Belmont Station carries just around 500 different types of beers. I also looked at several online beer of the month clubs but changed my mind. Since I brew beer and travel the world for good beer, no reason to waste the money on a club. Gomer's in KC isnt a bad selection either for beer and wine. Really lacking on the single malts tho. :(
[snapback]284546[/snapback]​

I had a receipe for Fat Tire and did a 5-gallon batch. It turned out really well. I gave much of it away and managed to hid a 12 pack in my basement for more than 2 years. I ran across it last year and tried one. It had a couple of milimeters of crud in the bottom of the bottle, but was just fine. Damn!

Also a place to check is a Super Hyvee store. They usually have a nice selection of beer, wine, and liquor. I know the newer store up in St Joseph on the Belt Highway has a killer selection.

Mr Peat said:
Also a place to check is a Super Hyvee store. They usually have a nice selection of beer, wine, and liquor. I know the newer store up in St Joseph on the Belt Highway has a killer selection.
[snapback]286121[/snapback]​

Thanks, Mr. Peat. I will check that out the next time I am in NE Kansas visiting the Mother in Law.

Back