• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beer Reviews

CBoukal

Impeached Staff Member
HEAR YE HEAR YE
There is now a new subform for Beer reviews. Most (I'd like to say all but I probably missed one) of the old reviews have been moved into this area. It was super cool to go back and read a lot of these. I learned that @smellysell and @Tall Paul have drank and reviewed a lot of Beer!!!!! I enjoyed this very much and recommend people take some time and dig in this forum. Also there is very little newer ones. Lets try and take some time and review some of the stuff you guys have please to keep this going!

I've drank a lot of beer. My reviews suck. They are tasty or Sehr poopypants.

I love a lot of Founders beers and one I really liked, which apparently "nobody" else did was DKML. A barrel aged malt liquor isn't for everyone but I love anything barrel aged.

Not to mention, DKML (Dick Kicker Malt Liquor) is something you just gotta love!

HEAR YE HEAR YE
There is now a new subform for Beer reviews. Most (I'd like to say all but I probably missed one) of the old reviews have been moved into this area. It was super cool to go back and read a lot of these. I learned that @smellysell and @Tall Paul have drank and reviewed a lot of Beer!!!!! I enjoyed this very much and recommend people take some time and dig in this forum. Also there is very little newer ones. Lets try and take some time and review some of the stuff you guys have please to keep this going!
Thanks for doing this! This is awesome!

When I tell people about some of the people I've met on CP I often get that look. Friends who know that I obsess about excess know that I have a true brother who hooked me on good cigars and then hooked me on good beer....thanks @jfields.

Here are a couple beers I've reviewed on beer advocate.

I consider Hoppin Frog to be one of the best stout and barrel aged stout brewers around.....but the owner is not a good business man. Luckily, I get to drive 20 minutes and sit in their tasting room. :) If I can hook you up, let me know!

Plum Tuckered-Out Double Double Porter​

This beer is a conundrum....in a purely positive way!
When you see the alcohol at 17% you immediately think boozy but the plum flavor is so perfectly done that I can't get enough of this beer.
It has all the characteristics of a barley-wine but with a delicious flavor of plum. I also feel/sense a fermenting raisin in the background.
I have taken this to some beer tastings where there are some very experience beer drinkers and this was an instant hit!

B.O.R.I.S. The Crusher - Maple Whiskey Barrel-Aged​

Despite the fact that Hoppin Frog refuses to date their bottles, has downright stupid labeling, and doesn't distribute their good stuff, this is a world class beer.
Better than CBS!
The maple is subtle but there and the base stout is creamy and smooth. I recommend drinking this beer fresh because the maple will dissipate.

Vinnamon Sin​

Exceptional combination of flavor, smell, feel, and taste. The Cinnamon and vanilla are perfectly presented and are not overpowering. This beer makes me look at the glass every time I take a sip!
Reminds me of Hardywood Bourbon GBS as far as the quality and the marriage of the flavors.

D.O.R.I.S. The Destroyer - Barrel-Aged​

Possibly the best from Hoppin Frog, and that is saying a LOT!
This beer has all the qualities of a world class beer from the pour to the after-taste.
It is dark as used motor oil and has a wonderful combination of bitterness from dark chocolate and the deep rich mellow from the barrel aging.
Considered by many members of Hoppin Frog's "Rare Beer Club" to be the best!

KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout) - Espresso​

Exceptional coffee stout!
This is possibly the best beer Founders has released in a long time! it has an exceptional combination of barrel aging while keeping a burst of espresso alive and kicking!

KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout) - Maple Mackinac Fudge​

This is another of Founders recent releases that is worth the price!
This beer makes me marvel at the combination of taste, feel, and smell.
It pours perfectly, it smells heavenly, and the taste is awesome from first touch to the lips to the swallow and retro-hale.