• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beer Secret Santa again?

JTuttle

Anyone know if we are doing a Beer secret santa again? I thought it was fun last year.

Yes. Emoshun has so graciously volunteered to run the Beer SS 2012 again! He did a great job with it last year. Stay tuned, and he'll get everything posted in due time.

Well damn, I might have to join this again for 2012. It was pretty fun last year.

Well, I had a HORRIBLE time with this last year! No fun at all! Bad idea on all fronts....and I squarely place blame on Jimmy. :p

I'm in...

Albuquerque's beer scene has blown up in the last five years. I shall bless one man with the goodness. In! :)

I accept the blame and in turn will force myself to drink beer tonight...

I'll be setting this up now guys, so look for the official thread in the BSS sub-forum!

*Orval in my NB glass
0c7e1a8b.jpg

That beer looks damn good. What is it, and how does it taste?

If you like Belgians and want something that will leave you wanting more, this beer is it. I used it in place of champagne last year on new years eve, and people were curious how it was a beer, "It's so bubbly!" Haha.

From BA.

"Attractive slightly hazy amber in the glass. Perfect cap of foam that lasts through a long sipping session. The fine bubbles last forever in the glass. Lovely creamy mouth feel.

Quite dry from start to finish. An odd murky flavor, a touch of the barnyard and a hint of plastic. Thin mouth feel, but the bubbly carbonation gives it some body. Rather austere and certainly no coddling with sweet malt. Grows on you as you sip. Totally distinctive and really intriguing with the yeasty bitterness and barely a hint of hops. Bitter aftertaste stays with you. Reminiscent of the hard-water English beers with the mineral taste.

A real pleasure for the purist."

Orval is great, Rod. It's got some tart and some funk, but is so delicious. Pick some up!

I cannot stress pouring this puppy slow, the head builds just like champagne Rod!