• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beetle!

grateful1

Oh My!
So, I get a PM a while back about a possible beetle in a sitck from a pass. At that time, I hit my humi and take out the 'suspect' stick...a single I have in the top draw.

Today, for whatever reason, I'm up and around these weeeee-hours and decide to rummage around in the humi.

As I reach to see what's behind a box of SLR - Lonnies(98)...I notice something on top of the box...NO!

Ummm, yes.

A little pile if tobacco dust and a little white fur-ball. CHIT!

I pick it up with a tissue and sure enough, it's a little larva!

Now, the top draw has slot in it leading to the next shelf...and so on.

I look at the top draw and sure enough, there's an ever so slight amount of dust near the edge of the divider...right near an open slot down!

This was the location of the suspect stick.

The bug must have dug out and was sitting on top of the box of 98 lonnies(a beetle with good taste!).

I then fly through the boxes and when I get to a Monte 2006 release I notice that the 'spots' are moving...I blink...and they are still moving....mites. (not harmful but I disposed of them any way).

Needless to say, I only have a few open singles(most are cello'd or bagged)...but those few are now bagged and will be smoked. The 'mite' box will be segmented and smoked over the next few days.

Good grief....what an interesting morning.

Of note, I keep the humi around 65rh and the room it's in doesn't really get above 70 to often.

I think it's called revenge of the 10K post! :laugh:

Sorry to hear this, but glad you caught it early!

Oh man, that sucks! As Tone said, good that you caught it! Just watch for the snap, crackle, pop when you smoke those singles!

Glad you caught them soon. Just had an incident with these little fuggers forcing my buddy and I to toss out 57 Jose Piedras from '05 bundles. We started with 100 total. Little bastiges!

Have fun watching them burn and pop.

Today, for whatever reason, I'm up and around these weeeee-hours and decide to rummage around in the humi.

Is this like the cigar smoker version of the munchies?

Sorry to hear about the problem, Gary...glad you caught it early, though.

Yikes! I guess it's like parent's intution on checking on their kids..........but with cigars!

Luckily you caught it before it got worst.

Beetles can sure ruin your day(s).

Good luck getting them all removed

Bummer, Gary. I had a beetle issue a few years ago and your pursuing the right course - separate, segregate, and....smoke any suspect sticks fast. That last bit was the only good part of my whole experience, heheheh.

- Tim

Beetles would ruin me. It's funny actually, my life is in pretty good shape. Wife is good. Kids are great. Work is fantastic. And still... I'm forever one beetle infestation away from going postal on the world. :)

I bought some sticks last year while in Cancun. One of those non-airconditioned outdoor style strip malls. Needless tos say, I got a beetle infestation. Did the quick freeze, long thaw thing and all was well.

I guess I'm just saying..."Be careful out there" :cool:

Kevin

Oh man, just reading this makes my stomach knot up. Glad to hear you have it under control, Gary.

Sorry to hear that Gary, glad you have it contained.

I'm going to check mine tonight.

Rich

Yicks! That sucks! Glad you got to them early on!!!

Ah, the pros of a vinotemp... I try to keep the temp below 65 at all times, and keep questionable sticks out.