• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beetles in my Fuente

CigarManDan

So the old cbid account has been getting quite a large workout this summer and during this time I picked up a God of Fire from them, and this is where the problem started.. I received the GOF (2005 Don Carlos) and to my horror when I opened the box there was not only damage to the cigar wrapper, but what looked to be a beetle hole in the wrapper.. I have never had any issue with beetles in the past even from smokes coming in from overseas during the summer :whistling: , so I was quite taken back when I first noticed this..

I know most factories especially the Fuentes do major freezing of tobacco before they are sent out for sale to prevent this from happening.. While the alarm in my head is going off I kept telling myself not to worry these must be just rips in the wrapper.. I removed the cigar from the cello and proceeded to tap the foot of the cigar on some white paper, and that's when the panic set in.. From the droppings falling out of the foot of the cigar I knew this stick was tainted and had to be brought to the attention of cbid..

After coming to the conclusion of having beetles in this stick I sent cbid an e-mail explaining the problem, I was told that I would receive a replacement cigar and to send the bad one back when the new one arrives.. I will add that because I sent the same e-mail twice I got a response from two different reps, one of which told me based on the pics I sent that I shouldn't worry and beetle damage looks different than what my pics have shown.. :angry:

While I understand that the result is beyond cbids control, I was willing to deal with the inconvenience of waiting for the replacement stick to show up and send back the bad one. Well after a few days go by my replacement shows up.. To my surprise it's the wrong cigar, they sent a Carlito instead of the Don Carlos.. Great, now I have to explain the situation again and wait even longer for the correct cigar to show up.. Also, during this time I had a shipment of two different boxes of cigars arrive from cbid bone dry from not being able to be delivered because of IKE. This isn't a knock on cbid because they had no control over this, but it did add to my frustration because a new rep dealing with this issue told me just to stick them in a humidor for a weeks and they will be fine :angry: I told them I wanted an exchange and they honored the request..

Now to get back on track, after I notified the previous rep that was handling the beetle issue I receive an e-mail today saying that she needs me to send both cigars back for a full refund.. She attempted to blame the "web team" for not putting up the correct description on the website.. ??? How does that fit into the equation at all? Here is how I see it…I was sent the correct cigar the first time with the damage then she sends me a incorrect replacement cigar and it's some how the web teams fault? I also happen to like the price I paid for the cigar.. All I'm asking for is a smokeable cigar at the price I won it at.. How am I being ridiculous here??

Below are some of the pics I sent c-bid of the beetle damage..

Beetle hole.

I do believe this is just a blemish on the wrapper, but the first hole is beetle damage..

I forgot to take a pic of the droppings on the white paper, but you can still see some that fell out of the cigar while in the baggie..

That really sucks but any reputable vendor would/should send replacements out immediately, no questions asked. If they want to be difficult they could ask for a photo like the ones you posted to show the problem, but most don't even request that.

the first whole is to perfectly round not to be a beetle hole. i would hope if i ever run into this problem they would just replace my cigar. good luck dealing with them tho.

the first whole is to perfectly round not to be a beetle hole. i would hope if i ever run into this problem they would just replace my cigar. good luck dealing with them tho.
I think you meant to say...

The first hole is too perfectly round, not to be a beetle hole. I would hope, if I ever run into this problem, they would just replace my cigar. Good luck dealing with them though.
:D

Brian

That's a terrible ting to allow to happen to such a fine cigar. They should be summarily punished for such abuse.

I've always had much better luck dealing with companies via phone than e-mail. E-mail is not "personal" enough to deal with delicate issues such as these.

Good luck.

The first hole is too perfectly round, not to be a beetle hole. I would hope, if I ever run into this problem, they would just replace my cigar. Good luck dealing with them though.

Brian

since im new here ill assume your the forum grammar nazi? nice to meet you. i will be the bane of your existence.

Brian

since im new here ill assume your the forum grammar nazi? nice to meet you. i will be the bane of your existence.
Actually, he's not.

We make a concerted effort at Cigar Pass to use proper grammar and punctuation in our posts. It keeps the information easily accessible to everyone because it's easier to read than posts filled with errors.

Since you're new here you should take the time to learn the rules and customs of the site. It will help you become a contributing member.

:)

Sorry to hear of your beetle issue but what's worse in my opinion is the poor customer service you received. I'm not sure if the beetle was the fault of the cbid or the time it took to reach you in the mail. I just received a few cigars from someone in California and a beetle hole was present. I quickly froze all 5 of them and notifed the seller. He sent me two more today and I opened the baggie to find a loose beetle that had come from the foot of one of the cigars. 5 days of USPS shipping seems to be the cause in this case. What a shame on a GOF.....

Brian

Actually he is one of the nicest, most generous, and respected members of this community. We, as a community, take grammer, capitalization, and punctuation kinda serious on these boards. It makes everything feel a little more professional, and well thought out. It also gives us a better appearance to visitors of this site, as well as to newer members. Please take note of his suggestion, and use it going forward.

Oh, and feel free to apologize to Brian at any time for calling him a nazi.

For what its worth all my dealing with Cbid have been resolved to my satisfaction. A few times they have even suprised me and told me to keep the damaged cigar and smoke it if I could. The replacement was well package and even had a humi-pillow thrown in for good measure. Hopefully they do right by you as well.

LockOut- Brother, you about to step in it. This forum is no different than a firehouse. Brian, the "nazi," is a "senior man" here. You would be wise to reach out to him via PM and apologize, as well as doing so publicly. Further, as stated by others spelling and grammar are important around here; yes everyone mess up now and again, but it is all about you recover.

Just one Jake to another...

Brian

Dud....you peged him onthe first shoot. Vry nise!

:tumbs:

Brian

Thank you very much for the correction. I tried at least 3 times to read it an just gave up and moved on. The format of this and most sites is printed word, I will not spend time trying to interpret what someone else has tried to say, therefore any useful input you might be able to contribute will be lost. Should you wish to continue trying to be the bane of existance here, it will hopefully, be a short existance.

Brian

??? C'mon Lockout! ??? (sigh) From one newbie to another man, I consider Brian a personal friend of mine; I've herfed with him in person, he's introduced me to his family, and I trust him with a lot of things that I normally would not tell people, so for you to sit there and call him a "grammar nazi" is out of line.

Here's the link to the "New Member Guide, and a small snippet from the guide concering grammar:

Do use proper grammar if you can. We are an international forum, so we understand English may not be your first language, and this is fine. Also, if you're not too familiar with computers, that's fine too, however if you purposely post without taking into consideration basic grammar (in other words, if you're lazy), it is frowned upon.

So, it's common knowledge on here that you have to watch your grammar when you post. Since Infinity doesn't know you, and even if it was said in jest, don't call people names like "grammar nazi," especially highly respected guys like Brian here. If you only KNEW half of the stuff he's done for newbies, FOGs, and everybody in between on here, you'd feel like a bit of a doorknob. Sorry if I sound harsh, but you should know as a probie, you gotta do your time before you start throwing your weight around.

Just take it for what it's worth, swallow some pride, and apologize or something. :angry:

Brian

Actually he is one of the nicest, most generous, and respected members of this community. We, as a community, take grammer, capitalization, and punctuation kinda serious on these boards. It makes everything feel a little more professional, and well thought out. It also gives us a better appearance to visitors of this site, as well as to newer members. Please take note of his suggestion, and use it going forward.

Oh, and feel free to apologize to Brian at any time for calling him a nazi.

I agree 100%
Brian is a stand up BOTL. There is no need to call him a Nazi. That IMHO is not cool bro.

Brian

Nice. :angry:

Let the countdown commence! :whistling:

They did that to me too. I got a replacement right away and they told me to try to enjoy the one I have.

Wow sorry this got out of hand. I didn't even come back to this thread today until i just received a pm about how out of hand it had gotten. I meant the phrase as a joke. I'm sorry i did not realize the formality of this board. Every other board i post on (over a dozen) doesn't require perfect English. Also the term i used of "grammar Nazi" is something i have seen on other boards many of times. I meant no harm by. My typing is not great nor is my grammar, but I'm going to try it improve it for you guys.

My sincerest apologies for any harm i have caused or any one i have offended.

PS I have goen back through this post and tried ot make it as perfect as possible :blush:

Wow sorry this got out of hand. I didn't even come back to this thread today until i just received a pm about how out of hand it had gotten. I meant the phrase as a joke. I'm sorry i did not realize the formality of this board. Every other board i post on (over a dozen) doesn't require perfect English. Also the term i used of "grammar Nazi" is something i have seen on other boards many of times. I meant no harm by. My typing is not great nor is my grammar, but I'm going to try it improve it for you guys.

PS I have goen back through this post and tried ot make it as perfect as possible :blush:

Very nice.

We'll work on the sh'I'ft key tomorrow!

Good stuff man. Most of it is nobody knows you, and you're reputation is not built yet. It'd be like walking up to a new station BC and saying, "Hey ya f*ckstick, busy night last night huh?? Busy night for me and you're wife!! Hahaha!" He doesn't know you on that personal level to ascertain whether you're joking with him or not. Nevertheless, keep it up and in a few months time, you and Swissy may be calling each other "hose-queens" and whatever other insults you fireboys say to one another. :laugh: :thumbs: