• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beetles Spreading

Marcos

I love you Rocky & Sammie and Bee...thank you
When beetles spread from a source, is it only by direct contact with other cigars or can they "jump" to other cigars in the humi that are not even near them? If I put the suspects in a ziplock with the zip open and no direct contact with the other cigars in my humi, am I safe?

You really need to take them out of the humidor. They chew through cellophane, so I'm sure the same is true for a zip lock bag, let alone an open one.

This is a theoretical question more than anything. I was unaware that they could eat through the cellophane. Holy cow!

Even if you didn't know they could eat through cello, the bag is not closed and they could crawl out the open end of the bag. I agree, if you have beetles, get those cigars out of there pronto.

When beetles spread from a source, is it only by direct contact with other cigars or can they "jump" to other cigars in the humi that are not even near them? If I put the suspects in a ziplock with the zip open and no direct contact with the other cigars in my humi, am I safe?

I'm certainly no beetle expert (we can give that title to Ginseng), but I can tell you that the beetles don't have to "jump" from one cigar to another. :D

They can crawl, which is what they do. Therefore, it doesn't matter at all whether your cigars are in direct contact with other cigars. I agree with the above advice of getting your suspect cigars the hell out of your humi immediately. Quarantine the sticks and hopefully the beetles haven't already spread to other cigars in your humi.

Thanks. I was unaware of how they traveled to other sticks that's all.

Holy crap! Funny, the things look more like grubs or catterpillars than beetles.

I also have to say that that BTL pic is one of the best things I've seen all week. ;)

That's the larvae stage... they do turn into beetles when they mature.

Back