• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beetles?

statelandman

Bought a 9-stick sampler pack from a well-known online retailer. Included in the pack were 2 Cohiba Robustos. Both have numerous little tiny, light-colored, round holes in the wrapper and what appears to be brown "dust" within the cello.
None of the other sticks appear to have the same problems.
I've never had a beetle problem before in my life. Does this sound to you FOGs like my first time with these little bas@#*ds? :(

Also...place each cigar in ints own ziploc, make sure and get out as much air as you can. Place all the cigars into a large ziploc evacuating as much air as you can. Place that bag into another ziploc and seal. Place all the cigar into the fridge for 2 days, then put them into the freezer for 3 days, then back into the fridge for 2 days.

Emo

I would contact the dealer about getting credit. All online dealers that I have bought from have been outstanding when it comes to customer service. I swear it's as if all of the best people in the world work in the cigar industry :D :p

Yes you have a beetle problem. . .

Yes, you should freeze your cigars, just as you were instructed. . .

Yes, you should contact the Vendor. . . they wll most certainly make it right. . .

Sorry for the problem. . . Hope this is your ONLY time to experience it.

HAPPY SMOKES! ! !

GB (one of the FOG's. . . LOL)

Yeah, they are the domestic version, all right.
I'd like to try the ISOMs, but it's illegal here in the USA (or so I've been told - har, har, har!)

Venting time. This is long - my apologies in advance.
I called the famous online retailer that I bought these little pieces of cr#* from, and I talked to customer service. They were willing to credit me a total of $4.43 for the 2 bummer cigars. I pointed out that they were selling these very same cigars, as singles, on their website for $10.80 EACH. I said I made my purchase decision based on the value that these two Cohibas added to the overall package. I asked them to ship me two cigars of comparable price and quantity instead of some cheap credit. They said no way.
So here's what I'm left with. Seven much less desirable and less expensive cigars that I end up paying $15.52 for. Some deal, eh?
So if you're an online retailer, here's how to get rid of your bug-infested stock. Throw it into a specially priced sampler pack. If the customer doesn't notice, you're not out anything. If the customer catches it and complains, issue him a minor little credit, and you've still gotten rid of your worthless sticks.
And the self-promotion on the site says "We don't consider it a sale unless the customer is completely satisfied." Yeah, right... :angry:

That sucks! Did you try and get a supervisor on the horn? I can't believe they are treating you so poorly. IMHO they should have credited you the entire purchase price. What if you sent the whole package back?

First of all, I've already smoked a couple of the other sticks in the order. If I send the whole package back, I'm still out $6 for the original shipping!

If you paid by credit card, call the CC company and let them know you are sending them back! Cancel the charge and send them back with a DC# so you have proof!

What Joe said..it may be a pain the a$$, but if it's the principal of the transaction you are worried about than I believe it would be worth the extra effort. Otherwise, chalk it up to experience and never use that retailer again.

Well. Don't make us go through the same ordeal. Who is it?

Gosh. . . .I would like to know who the Retailer is, so I don't order from them.

:( :angry: :(

Since my cryptic responses seem like they are confusing everyone, let me make it plain.

Famous Smoke Shop, a.k.a:

Famous-Smoke.com

Hey guys, lets all write this "famous" cigar store. Maybe we can convince them to correct the problem. . .

PM some of us with your name statelandman and we will write to them. Maybe that will help.

I just wrote them a lengthly e-mail letter of complaint which reiterated my conversation with their customer service agent. I again asked them to please just forget the credit and send me two new Cohibas (or something of relatively equal value and cost). Let's give them a couple of days to respond. Maybe they will make it right!