• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beetles?

oh yeah! LET THE LETTER WRITING BEGIN!!!
come on bro's, lets stick up for a fellow cp'er

todd

Look. Stateman, it's up to you. You let me know...

I will write a form letter in MS Word and make it available on my website for people to download. It will include your name, address, order number, items, and any other information that you supply.

I will post a message in the "Bombs Away" forum so everyone will see it and we will conduct it just like any other mass bombing.

Calling it "The Famous Smoke Shop SUX Bombing!"

Users can download the letter, simply print it off, put it in an envelope with a stamp and drop it in the mail..

This should get the point across!!!

Peckerheads! :angry:

HHMMMMM, there is always a famous cigar place that offers sample pack like that. Famous name, let me think of it :0

I will post a message in the "Bombs Away" forum so everyone will see it and we will conduct it just like any other mass bombing.

Calling it "The Famous Smoke Shop SUX Bombing!"

Users can download the letter, simply print it off, put it in an envelope with a stamp and drop it in the mail..

This should get the point across!!!

Good on ya Steven!!!!!!! I think this is a great idea. They'll make it right once and for all if they know what's good for them.

da dada dada dada da di didi didi didi di diiiiiiii
CHAAAAAAARRRGE!!
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

You have GOT to be KIDDING! ! ! :angry:

This has got to be the dumbest thing that I have EVER heard a Cigar store do. UNBELIEVABLE! ! !

Yeah, the letter writing MUST begin.

COUNT ME IN :angry:

GB

BWAhahahahahahah.

Waiting on your go ahead stateman. PM me all the info you can muster and our little campaign will begin.

DECLARE WAAAAARRR!!!

Tomcat.gif

snipersmilie.gif

BlueFlagRocket.gif

Calling all Editors.

Still waiting to hear from StateLand!

[Rough Draft]

The formatting is a lot better in MS Word.

August 27, 2003

In reply to: Order # ______

Famous Smoke Shop, Inc.
Chief Executive Officer
1100 Conroy Pl.
Easton, PA 18040-6657

Dear Sir:

SUBJECT: COMPLAINT

My name is <Your Name> from <City, State.> I am writing on behalf of _________ concerning a purchased from the Famous Smoke Shop, Inc. on August 9, 2003. He purchased a 9-piece sampler which included two (2) Cohiba Robustos. Both have numerous little tiny, light-colored, round holes in the wrapper and what appears to be brown "dust" within the cellophane wrappers.

Mr. -_______ called customer service to clear up this matter. They were willing to credit him a total of $4.43 for the 2 substandard cigars. He pointed out that they were selling these very same cigars, as singles, on their website for $10.80 EACH. Sadly, he made his purchase decision based on the value that these two Cohibas added to the overall package. You were asked to ship him two cigars of comparable price and quantity in lieu of the credit. They declined this request. After an email to the customer service department his request was granted; however, an apology was never given.

On August 27, 2003 the replacement cigars arrived in a brown envelope. As a premium cigar retailer, you must understand the importance of safe packaging of cigars. To clarify, the cigars were not in a box. Needless to say, the cigars were crushed during delivery.

This where it gets good

As a supporter of numerous online cigar retailers and a member of countless Internet Cigar Forums, I want you to know that I will not stand this pitiful excuse for customer service. In addition, I am prepared to notify every Cigar community within reach of my keyboard to let everyone know about this situation and exactly how Famous Smoke Shop, Inc. handled it if it is not remedied to Mr. ______’s satisfaction.

You motto is: "We don't consider it a sale unless the customer is completely satisfied." I can only hope you live by the words you spout in your advertisements.

Respectfully,
<Your Name>

SD_Stack said:
I am writing on behalf of _________ concerning a purchased from the Famous Smoke Shop, Inc. on August 9, 2003.
not trying to break balls or nothing, but shouldn't this one
be spelled "purchase" ?
just wanted to make sure it was all spelled right. :D
it's time to stick it to those fargin' bastages!
messin' wit one of our bros
rackin frackin lackin schmackin... :sneaky:

LuckyDawg said:
not trying to break balls or nothing, but shouldn't this one
be spelled "purchase" ?
Please see title:

Calling all Editors

I thought I asked for corrections. ???

OHHH!!
so that's what that meant :0 :0 :0

well, color me dumb!! :lookup:

Jeez, you guys are awesome!
But I gotta wonder - is it really worth all this trouble? I'm thinking maybe I should just cross them off my list and move on.
But damn it, it's the attitude of those people that really pi$%@s me off.
When I talked to Customer Service, the rep actually said that they don't like to send out replacement cigars, because they don't travel well in paper envelopes. Duh!
That's why in my email to them, I specifically suggested that they use a box. I don't get it. Why would they try to appease me by sending out replacements, and then send them in a package that they ALREADY KNOW isn't going to work? Don't they realize that all it does is p$#@ me off even more?
I think just for laughs I am going to post a photo of the envelope and the crushed cigars (my wife tried to squeeze them back into shape - now they almost look like box-pressed robustos :D )
After I do that, maybe I will just send them an email with a link to this thread. That will save you guys the trouble of sending letters.

P.S. to SD - the envelope was yellow, not brown (not that it matters, I guess)

Here is the text of my email, if anyone is interested. You will see that I was trying to be polite.

Dear Mr. Arthur Zaretsky,

According to a quotation on your website:

"I do not consider a sale complete until the customer is satisfied."

Well, I am not satisfied, and I would like you to help me.
Last week I received Order Number 826560 from your company. Included in it was a special promotional 9-cigar sampler pack. I bought it because it looked like a great deal.
When it arrived, I found to my dismay that both of the Cohiba Robustos were infected by beetles.
I got an RMA number (18078) from your website. But since I wanted to get an exchange, rather than a credit, I decided to call your customer service number. I was told that it would not be possible to get an exchange. I would have to receive a credit instead, because it was not company policy to send out single cigars - supposedly they can get damaged too easily in transit. Furthermore, I would only be credited a little over $4 for the two cigars, even though you sell these exact same cigars as singles on your site for $10.80 each.
I have two problems with the response I got from customer service.
1. I made my purchase decision in the first palce to buy this sampler pack because of the value that those 2 Cohiba Robustos added to the package. I never would have purchased it if they hadn't been part of the deal. So I don't want a credit. I just want the two Cohibas. Or something else of comparable quality and cost.
2. Why can't you send me the two replacement cigars in a cardboard box? All three of the orders I've received from you have come in cardboard boxes. Is that really too much to ask?
Although I am a new customer to your company, I spend a lot of money at Internet cigar sites. In fact, I have spent over $300 in the last 8 weeks.
I would like to continue to purchase from you company - you have a lot of great products and good prices. I just hope that you can figure out a way to send me two Cohiba Robustos in a cardboard box. And please, forget about issuing the credit on my credit card account.
Thank you for your time,

Very nicely written! I'm very disappointed in Famous for pulling this crap on you. A reasonable company would have credited you the entire amount of the sampler or at the very least replaced it. All you asked for was replacement of the bad 'gars. It's amazing the difference between online retailers when it comes to customer service. I ordered a travel humidor from a site and they sent the wrong one. I sent it back and they credited my account in full including return postage. They also wrote a very nice letter of apology. They obviously wanted to keep me as a customer. I guess Famous doesn't want your business.

I want to make two last points, then I will shut up about this and you guys can fire away at them if you want to.
1) The replacement 'gars actually came in a paper envelope that has that cheesy bubble pack inside. So to say it was a "plain" paper envelope is probably not really true.
2) When the replacement smokes were sent out, I got an email from Famous customer service. It said "we are shipping these to you as a "special, one-time" courtesy".
I wrote back and thanked them, but I added that I didn't understand why it should be considered a "special, one-time courtesy".
I still don't understand it, and I'll bet you guys agree with me. If a company sends out defective product, replacing it should be something done automatically. Don't make it sound like you're doing me a big favor, for which I should somehow be eternally grateful. :(

one time courtesy??? that is the biggest load of RUBBISH
i have ever heard! hell, if i bought some white owls
from the local stop and rob and they were defective
somehow, they would replace them w/out sniveling
and acting like i should be greatful for them doing the
absolute least they in all good conscience are bound to do!!!
i guess they mean if they ever send you unsmokable crap
again, that your just screwed!

todd

Well, I think the letter needs to go out, and everyone on this board ought to send a copy. However, I will respect the wishes of Statelandman if he would prefer we don't.

Further, I can assure you, I will NEVER EVER purchase ANYTHING from this company. If this is their idea of customer service, then I don't want to have anything to do with them, in any way.

What a shame. Most cigar companies are run by people who bend over backwards to take care of their customers. To see one that deals with customer service in this way is insane, and tells me that they do not have a long view in terms of business.

What a shame. :( :( :(

HAPPY SMOKES! ! !

GB

I just sent this email to every email on their "Contact Us" section of their website.

Dear Famous Smoke.com,

Your slogan about Customer Satisfaction has recently been placed in serious question. Perhaps you should take a look at http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...topic=3191&st=0

This controversy, if it is in fact true, could have been avoided if your Customer Service department had handled this better. There is NO question that you could have handled it better, and STILL have an opportunity to do so.

Please know that I will NOT purchase ANYTHING from your company, and will forward this situation to all my cigar friends so that they can see an example of your customer service.

Of course, if you choose to correct the problem, then I would certainly share that too.

This is truly a shame.

Yours,
Steve DeLoach

AND SO IT BEGINS. . . .

HAPPY SMOKES! ! !

GB

way to go steve!! let's see how much power we weild
collectively when we all stick up for one another!! :thumbs: