• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Before

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
RIBS 2021.jpg

That is one of two 9lb slabs of ribs that went on the smoker at 8. There will be no after pictures you can all imagine an empty plate.

Because of the size I'm cutting them in half and using my rib rack - 3 hours at 250, wrap in foil for an hour with a little cranberry juice, take out of foil and then 30 minutes to an hour on the grill again. I'm spraying them with cranberry jiuce every 30 minutes or so. If I was just cooking one it would be 2hrs bone side down, then 2 hours bones side up then wrap in foil then 30 min or so back on the grill. The rib rack allows better distribution of heat but the spray doesn't do as much. I like the spray if I can cook them flat myself. Enjoy whatever you are doing this year.

Last edited:
What does the cranberry juice do Ray? Is it an acidic thing that breaks down the meat? Or, is it a moisture thing?

What does the cranberry juice do Ray? Is it an acidic thing that breaks down the meat? Or, is it a moisture thing?
The more or less standard for ribs is a 50-50 mix of apple jiuce and apple vinegar. It is mostly for moistening but the acid does play a small part in tenderizing. I use cranberry juice for the same purpose and it just gives the ribs the 1-2 % difference from everybody else's.