• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beginner's Pipe collection with pictures

Bahianut

Animadvertistine, ubicumque stes, fumum recta in f
Here is my current collection. Minus a couple I have in the car. All but one mini and the Boswell I've gotten off of Ebay in the last 2 months.

Boswell:
P9130122.jpg

MGM: (my favorite at this time)
P9130123.jpg

Mastercraft Popular: (favorite in the car)
P9130124.jpg

Jobey AST:
P9130121.jpg

Mastercraft #1
P8100049.jpg

Mastercraft #2
P8100047.jpg

Kaywoodie Bulldog:
P8100036.jpg

Kaywoodie Flamegrain:
P8100039.jpg

Kaywoodie Apple:
P8100042.jpg

La Rocca Bulldog:
LaRocca1.jpg

(Dr. G and Mini's are not pictured)

I also have another Mastercraft in the car and a Kaywoodie spicket.

Nothing special, but I'm enjoying each of them. I've been using the Kaywoodie's and Mastercraft's for aromatics and the others for English blends.

I've found the Mastercraft are great smokers for cheap. They are made by the same company as Dr. G., but I think they smoke much better. Most of the pipes were under 10 bucks (including shipping) The MGM was more, but it is one of my favorites. I started with mostly straight pipes, but am moving more and more toward the full bent. They seem to sit better in my mouth and they are not in my hand as much as the straight pipes.

I smoke mostly in the car on the way to and from work. The Minni's are great for that, but I'm moving more toward the smaller regular pipes.

I'm still trying many, many different blends when I can find them and do not have a current favorite. I'm in the routine of having Black Vanilla on the morning commute and a variety coming home. At night if I can get a pipe, it is usually an English. Currently Frog Morton on the Town, a new blend called Wimbledon, or Nightcap.

Nice lookin' collection. :thumbs: I like the look of those Mastercrafts.

Very nice collection!

Does the oxidation on the stem not bother you when you smoke? I can taste the sulfur if my stems get like that. Maybe I'm just sensitive to it.

I've been using a magic eraser on the stems then giving them a good coat of olive oil. I can't seem to taste anything. The Jobey probably is the worst but I keep working on them. They keep getting cleaner and cleaner each time I work on them.

When looking for pipes on Ebay, I try to pay close attention to the grain. The two Kaywoodies have amazing grain and they were two of the cheaper pipes I bought. One was for 1.99!!!

Andy

This stuff here is supposed to work great. I'm gonna order some here in the next couple of months and give it a shot.

This stuff here is supposed to work great. I'm gonna order some here in the next couple of months and give it a shot.

Dan, I'd talk to J.M. about what to use before I'd try something else. He may know a way to take care of them without buying a "kit". Just my 2 cents.

Great collection love the last one. Still working on building mine. When I get them cleaned up and have a camera I will post some pics.

Great pics and pipes! I have two very similar to your MGM; my favorites too!

Thanks for the kind comments. I seem to keep an eye on ebay all the time. My wife hates it!!! I'm now putting my little bit of monthly budget into trying tobacco. I'll have to start a seperate fund for a new pipe. (Once gas isn't $5/gal)

Andy