• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bellevue WA Recommendation: Where can you smoke a cigar?

100_9146small.jpg

100_9147small.jpg

Hey Mob,
Thanks for taking the effort in checking it out. Very cool of you to do that.
but as to everything I said on this thread, when visiting their store, is totally true ...including the picture of the hydro.

Believe it or not to some people here, I'm glad the trip has turned out well for you! Yeah, I'll probably get shit over it but I know it wasn't so when I was there a few months ago.

Here is a pic of the condition last time I was there .....about 3 months ago.

I thought you bought the moldy one 6 months ago. Anyway, I have been a customer there for 5 years and have never seen anything like what you have described.

Just because you bought some stick without mold on them doesn't mean there in good condition. I know if I knew that they have mold in their humi, I sure wouln't put the purchased sticks in my humi where it can possibly ruin other cigars.

Brilliant

Rain City Cigars.......these guys are idiots! there humi is full of molded cigars.

Thanks for the "Experience"..

They are idiots! Their selection suck as well! the 5 times I have been there ...no Padron 26 or 64..no Opus..no VSG...no Anejos...no WOAM....etc.

Seattle has crappy B&Ms sad.gif

You mean, you went there 5 whole times and they didn't listen to your assessment of the quality of their stocks or their storage conditions? Say it ain't so!

Oh, what other B&M's have you frequented in order to conclude that Seattle has crappy B&M's? Care to elaborate?

And in my honest opinion ....cigars @ 77% RH will promote mold growth.

Look, ...to be frank, I understand that B&M put their hydro high because of the traffic in the store Humidor.

So, you are saying now it DOESN'T matter what the hygrometer reads? You have confused me...

Just some of your more salient points...

I gave an honest opinion of a store that has no problems selling mold on there cigars
. I'm out for the interest of cigar smoker ....smokers of this forum. If it is in the wrong manner, I'm sure Rod will delete or edit.

As far a the store doing much for the smokers of Washington....I applaud them for that but you have to admit ....They also benefit from it. Many people here and in many forums including myself has signed petition and notified their local gov. officials about the smoking bans and has done much to prevent it as well. But this is not the point.

When I was there I believe I looked into buying a Zino Chubby tubo. 3 of the 5 I looked into had mold...and I mean covered. I detected some mold also on some Avo's.. if memory serves me correctly.

That same day before discovering the mold I did ask if they had any padrons 26's (I was looking for some #35 because I didn't have much time between appointments at work) Opus XXX, or some VSG's ......nope..so I did ask! It wasn't in their small display.

So, now they have unscrupulous business practices? They don't care about selling moldy cigars? Huh?

Who do you think has been spending thousands of dollars on lobbying work in Olympia since the ban started? You? Who do you think started the petition? Just some of us guys sitting around Smokey Joe's some afternoon? No. It was the owner and principles of RCC who reached out and started a coalition of retailers and consumers. I don't see your name on the list. Making a phone call and getting your buddies to sign is a good thing, but stop trying to compare yourself to their efforts. Oh, and HOW have they benefited from the ban? Did you even know that Joe, the co-owner, owned and operated the Wooly Toad cigar lounge which had to shut its doors due to the ban? Nope, I doubt it. So perhaps you could explain how he benefited from the pathetic and unamerican ban we have. What efforts you have done personally that will compare to the efforts of the owners and employees of RCC in addition to all the effort of those other retail B&M's in Seattle that you think are bad.

I have always found 1926's there, I have always found VSG's there. I have always found Opus there. At Christmas, they almost always have a box of Hemi Maduros, Anejos, Opus, etc open.

Nobody said that they had unscupulous business practices! Now your making stuff up.

-If they were not in the cigar BUSINESS would they have spent thousands of dollars and time lobbing for their BUSINESS...I mean smokers..............Probably NOT.

-Would they benefint if the smoking ban was dropped and see an increase in revernues.......Probably...Yes.

-Do they care about the industry and would like to see it grow..including their small cigar shop.......Probably!

-Are you nieve of think that they spend thousands for just for benifit of smoker......YES!

But that is not the issue.

Tandblov,
do you think that I am lying about the whole experience at RRC? yes or no...simple question.

Here is a pic of the condition last time I was there .....about 3 months ago.

I thought you bought the moldy one 6 months ago. Anyway, I have been a customer there for 5 years and have never seen anything like what you have described.

Just because you bought some stick without mold on them doesn't mean there in good condition. I know if I knew that they have mold in their humi, I sure wouln't put the purchased sticks in my humi where it can possibly ruin other cigars.

Brilliant

Rain City Cigars.......these guys are idiots! there humi is full of molded cigars.

Thanks for the "Experience"..

They are idiots! Their selection suck as well! the 5 times I have been there ...no Padron 26 or 64..no Opus..no VSG...no Anejos...no WOAM....etc.

Seattle has crappy B&Ms sad.gif

You mean, you went there 5 whole times and they didn't listen to your assessment of the quality of their stocks or their storage conditions? Say it ain't so!

Oh, what other B&M's have you frequented in order to conclude that Seattle has crappy B&M's? Care to elaborate?

And in my honest opinion ....cigars @ 77% RH will promote mold growth.

Look, ...to be frank, I understand that B&M put their hydro high because of the traffic in the store Humidor.

So, you are saying now it DOESN'T matter what the hygrometer reads? You have confused me...

Just some of your more salient points...

Wow,
that's a lot of cut and paste to prove your point.
Your begining to sound like a "blowhard know it all"?

And for the record I did not buy the moldy cigar and It was year to date yesterday that i saw the majority of the mold. The pic was taken about 3 month ago with my new phone...that how i remember how long it was....i'm not taking notes of being there. ....and yes I saw a molded stick in a tubo then too. I just walked out...but thanked them.

To others,
I do sincerley apologise....It is my experience there and by all means if that vendor has been good to you, great I glad it is working for you. From what Vitalemob has witnessed it seem to be a good shop... for me, .......it was not. I do admit I might have been unfair at first to call names and I again apolgize for that as well. This thread has gotten ugly and that was not my purpose.

It is a beautiful day in Seattle .....I think I will go outside and enjoy a stick! :cool:

Nobody said that they had unscupulous business practices! Now your making stuff up.

-If they were not in the cigar BUSINESS would they have spent thousands of dollars and time lobbing for their BUSINESS...I mean smokers..............Probably NOT.

-Would they benefint if the smoking ban was dropped and see an increase in revernues.......Probably...Yes.

-Do they care about the industry and would like to see it grow..including their small cigar shop.......Probably!

-Are you nieve of think that they spend thousands for just for benifit of smoker......YES!

But that is not the issue.

Tandblov,
do you think that I am lying about the whole experience at RRC? yes or no...simple question.

You said they knowingly sell moldy cigars to customers and because of that you can't frequent them. YOU said that. Yes, that qualifies as questioning their ethics and business practices.

Other than that, I have no idea what you are trying to say...your posting style is so incredibly poor.

Your behavior is what is in question here, not theirs. Their integrity is established among Seattle smokers and has been for many years. You questioned that and impugned them and their customers. The burden is on you, and you haven't proven anything to me.

It seems to me that you only read the stuff you can use to fire back on people. It's very selective.

Well, ....let me see...

I enter their shop for a quick smoke in doing so:

1) 3 or 4 sticks from a tubo had white fuzzy mold.
2) I nicely pointed out that the cigars had mold on them to the front person.
3) she looked at it and claimed it to be plume. ... In addition to other comments.
4) I believe I said ...."I think it mold"?
5) she assured me that it was plume and that it was a good thing and that it's what I wanted.
6) I said ok and no thanks in a very polite manner and the stick was place back into the retail humidor.
7) I say thank you and leave the store.

Is that clear enough for you?

Tandblov?,
I'm I lying?

...and no my behavior is not in question and I don't need to prove anything to you.

So now that this has been settled, we have answers, and Flea has apologized, let's all have a smoke, and you are both invited to my Herf in 2 weeks.

I have no interest in firing up the pissing match again, but I can state that I was in Rain City for the first time a couple of months ago, I was impressed by the selection and the staff seemed fine. Prices were good too.

I did not buy anything, and I didn't take any pictures of hygrometers, so I can't speak to the specific allegations, but I can state that the store seemed very professionally run, and I did see quite a few hard to find cigars out and open to public sale.

I am very appreciative of the fact that they are pushing the initiative, and hopefully if it passes, they'll be doing more business and I'll be able to see my cigar smoking friends more frequently. The ban has really destroyed my social life...