• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Benelux Herf

Where Should we Herf it up??

• Total voters

MX

Quietly getting back into the cigar culture.....
No one knows exactly how the name originated, however the basic meaning of a herf is simply a fancy term for "cigar party" or a way of saying "let's get together and smoke cigars".

So all my Euro S/BOTL's I am planning a Herf on the 6[sup]th[/sup] of Aug at one of these 3 La Casa del Habano in the Benelux.

1. Knokke, Belgium

2. Luxemburg

3. The Hague, The Netherlands

It will be an early afternoon get together due to the drive time for me and 2 of our newest CP members and the fact that they close around 1800. I just also found that there may be a lounge in Antwerp that we can keep in mind for another event, say when that one gets here around October….jus sayin.

Any questions just add to this thread or drop something in my box…..

Tim

Any of them sound great for my first HERF!!! I am just looking forward to getting out and enjoying a new smoke.

What a tough Duty Station Belgium must be.. I'll bet even those stationed on Diego Garcia must feel sorry for you guys.:rolleyes:

Doc.

Just found one in Antwerp as well, but that is way to close...need to make the road trip.

But for future outings....i can see babysitter, ladies at the movies in Antwerp and us at the lounge...

you can wait until after Thursday and we recon The Hague, but you still have to vote!!!!

T

eta: spelling

What a tough Duty Station Belgium must be.. I'll bet even those stationed on Diego Garcia must feel sorry for you guys.:rolleyes:

Doc.

Not as tough as the 3 trips to the sandbox, but we have our moments here.
just last week the staplegun got hung up and we could not shoot the paper targets.
but the medic got some work because i pricked my thumb trying to dislodge the hang fire....

T

Just found one in Antwerp as well, but that is way to close...need to make the road trip.

But for future outings....i can see babysitter, ladies at the movies in Antwerp and us at the lounge...

you can wait until after Thursday and we recon The Hague, but you still have to vote!!!!

T

Doc.

just last week the staplegun got hung up and we could not shoot the paper targets.
but the medic got some work because i pricked my thumb trying to dislodge the hang fire....

T

Is that suposed to make me feel guilty. You should know better.:laugh:

Doc.

I can't make it that day. I have a dentist's appointment :(

Is that suposed to make me feel guilty. You should know better.:laugh:

Doc.

Damn you and your gruff exterior.....back to the drawing board

I can't make it that day. I have a dentist's appointment :(

Your teeth will be there after the Herf, Damit man, make a choice

T

Honestly doesn't matter, I'm just lookin forward to hangin out and having a few smokes. That said I think I'll wait to vote till after we check out the Hague.

S2

I might be passing through at the end of September, but can't make that date.

T

Doc.

T

I only wish that we were in the sandbox. But I am here making the best of it. Thinking of all of you in the suck! Have fun take care and watch your six brother!

So, we are set for The Hague. Made a reservation, hope that some other EU brothers see this and can make it.

We will be there at Noon!

Tim

Doing the single dad thing until the middle of September. Not going to be able to make this one, sorry.

OK, so we are off in a few hours, should be there by noon, have some lunch then the good times start.

Next time we will plan this in Lux, only fair to spread out our hard earned euro....

Tim

Well we had a great time at the Casa.

Ends up there was a photographer there to take pictures for a book about the local businesses, as it is one of the oldest shopping ares in The Netherlands.

Smoke so great Cigars! Drank some great Scotch! Had some great conversation!
Not sure what else would have made it better.

We decided to make it a monthly event, so in September we will be at La Casa del Habano - Knokke, Belgium.
I will post up some pics as soon as I get them downloaded, maybe have them up by WED.

Tim

Time to find a place and time for November......

Tim

La Casa del Habano - Knokke, Belgium

Looks like this place for the 12th of November.
I was in contact with t hem a few months ago, and they seem really really nice.

There is a 5 euro "member" fee, and for 20 euro per person they will lay out an appitizer spread.

I am going to email them again this week, to make confirmations.

Thx

We have our housing inspection with the landlord that day, so I don't think I'll make this one.