• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best '07 Release?

Cira

From the list of new smokes for 2007 which have you all tried and what are your thoughts?

New Production Cigars
Bolivar Gold Medal
Cohiba Secretos Maduro
Cohiba Genios Maduro
Cohiba Magicos Maduro
Jose L Piedra Petit Cazadores
Partagas Culebras

Limited Editions
Hoyo de Monterrey Regalos
Romeo y Julieta Escudos
Trinidad Ingenio

I've tried the GMs and really love them. Something different from Bolivar. The Cohiba Maduros didn't do anything for me and their price is just silly. I just tried the RyJ EL and it's was fantastic. It was also an intersting rather large gauge ISOM. Trying to track down a HdM EL to try and see what they are like.

Thoughts?

Can you give me more details with your go with the RyJ Escudos? Like what flavours did you taste? What type of cigar(s) are they similar to? I am about to ask my cousin to bring me back a box, but i am hesitant on purchasing a box blindly. Haven't found any reviews, mainly because its a fresh batch and would like a general idea of what it tastes like, to see if it would suit my palate. Thanks.

Can you give me more details with your go with the RyJ Escudos? Like what flavours did you taste? What type of cigar(s) are they similar to? I am about to ask my cousin to bring me back a box, but i am hesitant on purchasing a box blindly. Haven't found any reviews, mainly because its a fresh batch and would like a general idea of what it tastes like, to see if it would suit my palate. Thanks.

It reminded me a LOT of the new Cabigauan Guapos. It's about the same size and has that dark complex flavor without any spice or bite. No notes of leather or wood, more like a smoky chocolaty thing going on.

I heard ( ;) ) that the BGM's are good. Young but good. I heard the first inch or so is kind of bland with that new cigar amonia and hints of wet hay or grass. But then they pick up and become more complex subtle cocoa and that Cuban twang. They finish very well even young and there is promise in their future as they age. Sounds like I could smoke one now and put the rest to rest.

Good gosh, man. I haven't even tried all the 06's I have and you're asking about the 07's already? :p Let me get back to you in '08. :D

Wilkey

I have been enjoying my Boli PCs that are 07. I am sure they will improve with age , but you know how it is.