• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best bang for the buck

vewyphishy

The Original Smoking Fish
In terms of dollar to value smoke... what's the best deal?

Partagas Serie D 1-4
Partagas Shorts
SLR Petit Coronas
Diplomaticos #4
VR Famosos
The list is obviously not all-inclusive and is definitely NOT restricted to the smaller sizes. Ideally, I'm looking for the best box of cigars to get for about $150. :)

Also, are Partagas Super Partagas really handmade? and are they any good?

The SLR PCs, if you are getting a cab, even better. Ditto on the Partagas Shorts.

SLR PC's!!!!!!!!!

GOTTA HAVE EM!!!!

Hey Matt, why does it seem like they use the pick of the litter for the cab's? is this something I have made up in my head or is this a known fact?

Phil

spend an extra $30-$50 and get a 50 cab of the Partagas Shorts :D

I've never had the SLR's, but the patagas shorts are amazing :thumbs:

Agree with Bruddah Matt... SLR PC or Party Shorts!

Aloha,

Wade

I'm gonna ADD one to your list because I think this is one of the BEST deal's out there:

RASCC

These are a TPC (same size as a Party Short but with more flavor). You can find them for $109.00 a box or $99.00 on sale :thumbs:

I prefer these over all the ones you listed, well except maybe the VR Famosos. As far as VR's, I think I prefer the Clasicos over the Famosos ;)

I bought a cab of partagas shorts about a year ago and they were fantastic. I don't know most of the others, but I do know the shorts are great.

I have had larger RA's I've really liked so the RASCC should be fantastic as well.

Also if your interested in the smaller sizes you might look at finding aged ones for about that price range. A box of 1997 Monte #4's for like $180 for example.

best bang? Definately the Party Shorts and the RASCC's .... but I would also like to throw in RyJ Cazadores ...

gibu said:
Also if your interested in the smaller sizes you might look at finding aged ones for about that price range. A box of 1997 Monte #4's for like $180 for example.
Excellent choice :thumbs:

I'll have to first try a good Monte #4 before going for a box. The 2 I've had were not good at all.

Well, I haven't had an opportunity for Partagas Shorts, but hopefully, I will soon. After all the splits I'm doing, I'll get to try some SLR PCs, Cuaba Generosos, Upmann #2s, and HdM Coronas. We'll see how these are. :)

You can't go wrong with the shorts! I go through those like $hit through a goose! :D

Leebo8-9-8 said:
You can't go wrong with the shorts! I go through those like $hit through a goose! :D
That's a thought picture I didn't need Lee! ;)

One more for your consideration, HOYO LE HOYO DU DEPUTE. :thumbs:

Everyone pretty much nailed the PCs, but here are a few ideas for other sizes...

Upmann Conn #1...best value Robusto
HdM Epi #1...best value Corona Gorda
Punch Churchill...best value Church
RyJ Cel Fino...best value figurado

Best value means, to me....what it tastes like for what you pay. Not necessarily the cheapest, but almost always a pleasure to smoke. I don't mind paying a little more if it tastes great.

Best bang for the buck, uh I would have to say Gator's sister.

Oh, you mean cigars...

I second that Hoyo depute vote.