• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best Bowl Game Ever?

MichiganM

Padron Whore Extraordinaire
They were touting it the Game of the Century....Game of All Time. Not sure about all that, but man it just got over about 10 minutes ago and what a great game. I was pulling for USC...a bit of a heartbreaker but they had a great run. Young is awesome, perhaps the new Vick. Maybe not the best game of all time....but a great game down to the last second. Do you all feel me???

Jason

I was on the edge of my seat the last 2 1/2 min. What a come back. Great game, lots of action.

This one was one of the best!!

As far as regular season college football games, I was THIS CLOSE to going to the Mighigan/Ohio State game in 2004 :0

They set an attendance record that day, over 112,000 :0 :0

MAN was that a GREAT GAME!!!!!

Another good bowl game was that one back in the 1980s when Boston College beat I forgot who, I think it was Miami or FSU when Doug Flutie threw the "Hail Mary" and the receiver caught it with no time left on the clock!!

There was another great Miami/FSU bowl recently but being a Gators fan, I really could care less but I do remember a lot of people talking about it.

What a great game. Had me on the edge of my seat at my local B&M the whole night. Young is going to be something special to watch.

texas defense holding usc with two minutes to go in the 4th quarter was great! then YOUNG practically running the ball in for a td was thrilling. won't be able to sleep for a while, too tense. :p

It was an excellent game. I cant believe how many people were totally writing off Texas.

Certainly made for a good championship game

While I am a die hard Aggie, I was pulling for Texas because, A) they are from Texas and B) They are just a better and more complete team.

I was happy to see USC's string of National Championships end at 1.5

I am just glad I dont have to hear any more crap about three in a row. Has everyone forgotton that USC was the co-champ at best a couple years ago? They agreed to be a part of the BCS, so they have to live by the BCS standings, none of this "only when the rules make me happy" crap. While USC did have an impressive run of victories, they won exactly one undisputed National Title in a row.

Loved the game.... hated the announcing. You'd have thought the anouncers got a blow job from the USC cheerleaders the way they wre carrying on about USC. I especially loved the comment with about 6 minutes left in the game after a USC TD and they said "looks like the trojans will keep their winning record in tack". SIX minutes left in the game and they were calling it. Sad!

Reggie who?

My sypathy to all the Trojan fans..... Leinart showed after the game what a losr he is. Classless!

coventrycat86 said:
This one was one of the best!!

As far as regular season college football games, I was THIS CLOSE to going to the Mighigan/Ohio State game in 2004 :0

They set an attendance record that day, over 112,000 :0 :0

MAN was that a GREAT GAME!!!!!

This was a great Great game! Another would be the Rose bowl last year Texas/ Michigan :thumbs:

Allofus123 said:
Leinart showed after the game what a losr he is. Classless!
[snapback]270903[/snapback]​

Totally! What a little pussy! I think he is one of the most over hyped players to come out of collage football. I can't wait to see him in the NFL when he does not have the talent around him to protect his ass! He can't run, can't move he is useless under pressure and in the pocket. I give him a year and he will be in the fetal position in a mental hospital.

All I can say is this... GO HUSKERS!!!! :love: Finally pulled one out of the hat. :love: Yes, I'm from Nebraska. :thumbs: Just glad Texas showed them why USC wasnt the top dog this year. :D

Allofus123 said:
Loved the game.... hated the announcing. You'd have thought the anouncers got a blow job from the USC cheerleaders the way they wre carrying on about USC. I especially loved the comment with about 6 minutes left in the game after a USC TD and they said "looks like the trojans will keep their winning record in tack". SIX minutes left in the game and they were calling it. Sad!

Reggie who?

My sypathy to all the Trojan fans..... Leinart showed after the game what a losr he is. Classless!

I missed Leinhart's comments at the end. What did he say?

Leinhart is a prick, plain and simple! They definitely gave the Heisman to the wrong guy this year....

Leinhart basically showed he has no class by saying they lost the game and should have won it, not giving Texas any credit for the game-saving defense in the end when they stopped them on 4th down.

Kenny, I was cussing those announcers! They looked a little foolish in the end though! :laugh:

Yea, I was laughing so hard when they said at the end this is why you never count the Longhorns out..... even though they were doing it thru-out the game.

Leinart said something to the extent of "we're the better team they just made a big play at the end" or something very similar. Was he at the same game? Refusing to give credit where credit was due makes him classless.

Yeah, Leinart said that He felt they were still the better team, yadda yadda yaddda.

Hey, did anyone else notice that the timing was off on the announcers a little? What I mean is that the audio wasn't timed with the video just right. You could see them saying the word about a 1/2 second before your heard it. We've been having that problem with abc lately. Annoys the hell out of me.

Haven’t liked Dan Fouts since the Ohio State vs. Miami national title game in 2003 (Fiesta Bowl which was one, if not the, best ever). He was always negative nothing positive to say. Keith Jackson is getting old so I usually give him a pass.

-D

Being a Texas grad, the game freakin' gave me an ulcer. It was an incredible game. Quite possibly the best I have ever watched. That is how a national championship game should be. :thumbs:

HOOK'EM HORNS!!!!!!

ddepaola said:
Haven’t liked Dan Fouts since the Ohio State vs. Miami national title game in 2003 (Fiesta Bowl which was one, if not the, best ever). He was always negative nothing positive to say. Keith Jackson is getting old so I usually give him a pass.

-D
[snapback]270996[/snapback]​

Got to agree, one of the best bowl games, but last night's was a thriller as well. I think "best game ever" debates are generally colored by what team you root for, as last year's Rose Bowl between Texas and "That state up north" was another great game to watch!! Just hope Young decides to stay in school for his senior year, because I'm looking forward to the Texas - Ohio State rematch next year!!

It's nice to see a Big 12 team win the MNC again. Downtown Austin was crazy last night, I don't think the car honking stopped till 2 am.

Grats to the sips!

That being said, BTHO t.u. Feb 4th. :p

JOE.M. said:
Allofus123 said:
Leinart showed after the game what a losr he is. Classless!

Totally! What a little pussy! I think he is one of the most over hyped players to come out of collage football. I can't wait to see him in the NFL when he does not have the talent around him to protect his ass! He can't run, can't move he is useless under pressure and in the pocket. I give him a year and he will be in the fetal position in a mental hospital.
[snapback]270907[/snapback]​

What, in the room right next to yours?

:sign: