• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best cc right out of the box.

cumpster

Ok. all you experts out there. In your opinion what c.c do you believe to be the best right out of the box. Little to no age what smokes best. What have you had the best experience with? Thanks

Well, Cumpster, I like RASS straight out of the box. But then again, I like RASS any time.

Had a Boli BF from NOV 08 two nights ago, and it was pretty darn good. I know that's not super fresh, but it's fairly fresh. I usually have good luck with them when they are on the young side.

I would go with Bolivar Petit Corona, Party Shorts, Upmann Corona Major, and Trinidad Reyes for smoking fresh from 08 stock.

I think many are smoking great ROTT. Siglo II and III , RyJ cazadores, BPC come to mind.

Thanks guys for the opinions. Over the yrs. I'm just not great at aging sticks. I like smoking them too much, plus, I know im in the minority with this opinion but when a cigar blender, winery, brewer etc. etc. creates their product I believe the results, and recipe are based on the taste of the "present". Not what the finished product will become or age to be. Can things progress, evolve and improve with time. Absoulutely. Many examples of this, but the reality is the aged product has evolved into something different than what the creaters orignal concept was. Sometimes this is great, but at times it can be a bad thimg. That being said If I could afford to buy two of everything maybe I could get there on the aging, until that time I'll just keep buying and smoking. My latest victim is some RASS thanks to some of your opinions.

Sorry to chime in late, but I'd say the best options out of the box right now are the H. Upmann Mag 46 & Mag 50. Both have been brilliant, as of late, with the perfect blend of cedar and creaminess. I have other faves, but these 2 are at the top of the list.

Enjoy your smokes.

Cheers
Drew P

I just had a Boli Belicosos Finos 1 day OTT and it was excellent. I know I should have let them stabalize, but I just couldn't help myself. Perfect draw, burn and flavor. The box was from June 08 so they aren't exactly fresh. Sadly, I don't think these will make it for long term aging - they taste too good right now.