• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dillon Powers

Hello all! :D. I just wanted to pop in and share this app I made for anyone interested. Also full disclosure, it's a completely free app with zero advertising. I don't make any money off it and it was just something I made for fun and because I was genuinely unhappy with all the other apps out there. So I thought the hell with it. I'll make my own.

Anyways it's for Android devices and allows you to keep track of all your cigars stashed away in the good old humi or tupidor. It allows you to easily keep notes and maintain a list of favorite cigars or a list of cigars you plan on purchasing in the future. It also has a back up feature that that may or may not be working lol. I could use some help testing it actually. And can explain that in more detail if anyone wants.

I've been using this since you announced it on a different forum.

It is quite handy and easy to use. I've not played with the backup feature, but will need to very soon as Nougat just got released for my device.

Thanks Scap!

You can update your phone to the newest operating system, it won't effect the cigar apps data. I may need to make some updates so it looks nice and has some of the new nougat features such as split screen though. Let me know how it goes. And as for the backup feature..

The backup feature is more for if you break/lose your phone, updates to the operating system shouldn't effect your data. The data should automatically and seamlessly be backed up to whatever gmail account you used to download the app in the background. Just make sure you havr backup enabled on your phone.

When you reinstall the application on your new phone, as long as you use the same gmail account for the install, your backed up data should appear when you open the app. I haven't tested this on all versions of android though. But I can confirm it works on my phone which is android 6.0 (marshmellow). I also have some additional details about this on the play store page.

I use a custom ROM on my Nexus 6, so moving from Marshmallow to Nougat will require me to wipe system, cache, data, dalvik, etc.

I can always screenshot my inventory and reenter it. Luckily, your app is easy to add to, unlike so many other apps out there.

No wayy man I don't want you to have to screenshot it and re-enter. Okay I'm gonna paraphrase google here:

Starting with Android 6.0(marshmellow) all of your apps are automatically backed up to the google cloud and connected to your google account that you use with your device. However certain conditions need to be met for this to back-up to occur:
-Idle for a few hours
-Plugged in
-Connected to wifi
-Has not been backed up in the last 24 hours
-Enabled backup in the settings

Prior to 6.0 its relying on my code to do the backup which I haven't been able to test properly yet:(.

Anyways definitely let me know how it works out and congrats on being one of the few to get the nougat update. Definitely jealous of you haha

You working on an ios version by chance for all of us cool kids?

(I have Android too so I'm not totally missing out.)

No wayy man I don't want you to have to screenshot it and re-enter. Okay I'm gonna paraphrase google here:

Starting with Android 6.0(marshmellow) all of your apps are automatically backed up to the google cloud and connected to your google account that you use with your device. However certain conditions need to be met for this to back-up to occur:
-Idle for a few hours
-Plugged in
-Connected to wifi
-Has not been backed up in the last 24 hours
-Enabled backup in the settings

Prior to 6.0 its relying on my code to do the backup which I haven't been able to test properly yet:(.

Anyways definitely let me know how it works out and congrats on being one of the few to get the nougat update. Definitely jealous of you haha

WiFi?? What's that...lol

I keep mine turned off because of an unlimited data plan, wakelocks, etc. Just not worth the hassle. ;)

WiFi?? What's that...lol

I keep mine turned off because of an unlimited data plan, wakelocks, etc. Just not worth the hassle. ;)

Actually same I here never turn it on either and to be honest the backup still worked for me despite not following that check list. But I figured I should mention it to cover all my bases haha.

And as for the ios version.... unfortunately not at this time. My heart is with Android haha

I'll check it out but like with my record collection, I'll probably be far too lazy to go and actually catalog everything.

I used an IOS app early on my to inventory my cigars. It became far to burndonsom to keep u with it.
Ran across one that allows you to snap a photo and queries a database to populate a lot of info for you. I'll probably just use a spreadsheet

I just use a spreadsheet also. I store it one my personal Owncloud server, so I can access it from any device. I find this easier for me.

There is no way in hell I'm gonna keep a database on my cigars. Insurance wouldn't cover them, so for me, not a necessity. Besides, at my age, I often forget what's in the humidor, and get a charge out of finding something nice that I forgot about. :D