• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best looking humidor < $200

rdnkjdi

I'm looking for a good humidor for less than $200 that holds at least 100 stogies. Or the cheapest humidor I can find that holds 50 (save up for a better big one). Anybody know anything about these humidors?

Out of these humidors (links are embedded into the names) - what would your pick be? Based both on quality and aesthetics? Any other recommendations? I'm kinda leaning towards the Bourbon Street...but could be swayed. Any other recommendations?

Bourbon Street Humidor - Made by Orleans Group
Stogie Gentlemen Humidor
The Ironside - Made by MAVERICK
Fumare Made by Quality Importers. Totally unique :p

Contact the admin or one of our vendors...or seach on this site and see what other people already discussed.

I won't answer your question but the cheapest and most efficient humidor would be a cooler. As for what's the prettiest, that's subjective and up for you to decide. Not everyone has the same taste. I like my fancy humidors to show off a bit of intricate or nicely finished woodwork.

Believe it or not - I DID read enough to know that the coolidor is the best economically. And I might go that route. My apartment looks like a hotel room - so it's as much a decoration as it is functional...

Just trying to make sure I don't wind up with something that is crap.

For me, the Bourbon St. one I like the most, but like I said, that's my opinion. You might also check Cheaphumidors and see what they have. Also, you can purchase something from the CP store, or one of the vendors who are CP members and better your chances of not getting stuck with some cheapo knock off humi.

Be very careful. There is a lot of junk out there that looks nice on the outside but is worthless as a humidor. Only use vendors with good reputations.

Any opinions on this? Nice thing is the dimensions...I think I could fit 300 - 400 in there. Offered the guy $100 - and he's asking $150 for it now. Bigger than some of the others - and supposedly hand made. But when I look at the sealer - the wood doesn't look like it would seal like it should. But maybe I just don't know what I'm looking at....is there any way I can have him test the seal?

Any opinions on this? Nice thing is the dimensions...I think I could fit 300 - 400 in there. Offered the guy $100 - and he's asking $150 for it now. Bigger than some of the others - and supposedly hand made. But when I look at the sealer - the wood doesn't look like it would seal like it should. But maybe I just don't know what I'm looking at....is there any way I can have him test the seal?

If you look closely at the wood used for the tray bottoms . . . that's not Spanish cedar. It' Western red cedar, like you'd use for a fence (or a cedar closet). Different wood, different tree, different species, and not at ALL something you want to store your cigars in.

~Boar

This.

That humidor looks like it was made from a picnic table, and that's probably why the club didn't buy it (if, in fact, that story is true). Personally, I'd stay away from fleabay, and listen to the advice given here in this thread, and the other threads you read.

Thanks for all the advice & eye for detail. I'be about come full circle and decided to build a coolidor. Maybe I can find a nice looking cedar chest to store it in...

I think you'll find quite a lot of pictures of coolidors here. It appears most line them with Spanish Cedar. I've seen several very nice ones.

Ok - I have another question. This is going to show my ignorance...

But while I'm trying to figure out the entire humidor\coolidor thing. My apartment is baking. My AC is going out - and in Oklahoma that just sucks. We are talking > 90F inside the apt.

I'm kinda concerned about my cigars in a small humidor borrowed from a friend. Would it be a good idea to put the humidor itself inside my fridge? Gonna hurt anything to go to < 70F?

Get out of your appartment 'till your air is fixed, and take your sticks with you!!!!! That's not healthy!

should've clarified. It's broken 'till the sun goes down. Then it takes a few hours to cool the place down. So I just spend the time at the pool with a cigar and majorly spiked tea....

I don't really see the harm in putting the cigars in the fridge for the time being. Put them in a good sealing tupperware as a refrigerator will dehydrate them and also check to make sure no condensation if forming. Some may say likewise but in a pinch I don't see the harm in this.

Lrod knows I'm pretty lesse faire with my humi's and my cigars aren't ruined (to my knowledge).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360380024859&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

So after waffling - I stumbled across this and caved. According to what I've read its a $400 - $500 humidor. So we'll see. Hope it fits in my fridge...