• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best Maduro?

mentallo

I love Maduro cigars. I have tried quite a few so far and I think I like the "Romeo e Julieta" the best so far. Whats the best Maduro you have tried?

OpusX RdC maduro (unreleased...given to me as a gift) was the best I've ever had.

Other than that, I'm partial to Untold Stories.

Snowdust said:
Why that would have to be a 1964 PAM Diplatico...Right Moki?
Yeah, a Padrón 1964 Maduro, Padrón 1926 Maduro, AF Shark, AF Hemingway... they are all yummy, IMHO.

Anejo hands down. The new RyJ Maduo's are pretty decent. Try a Leon Jiminez maduro for a change of pace.

Emo

I agree with Emo on the Anejo, but I have been smoking the less expensive CAO MX2, recently, and I am favorably impressed. I didn't really care for the MX2 last Fall when I first tried it, but with a little age, the Belicoso size (but not the others) tastes similar to the Ashton VSG (the other MX2 sizes are similar in taste to the Brazilia line, which is also very good). The MX2 Belicoso isn't quite as good as the VSG, but it is very good, to say the least, and costs less than half what the VSG and Anejo cost. :)

Bacchus

Note: The Ashton VSG is technically a sun grown, not a maduro, but it is definately "maduro-esque" in taste.

I with ya 100% George!!

Now I know this will see weird BUT Remedios Clemenceau maduros (a box of 20 goes for $38.95) are one of the sweetest maduros I've ever had. If you buy a box, let them sit around for a while as they are usually shipped and stored too wet.

I like maduros with an oily, sweet almost sugary wrapper and these Remedios are excellent.

Anjeos and WOAM's are "okay" but IMO nothing to get real excited over. Actually I think the lower end Fuentes like the ARturo Fuente Chateau Fuentes and the Flora Fina 8-5-8's taste better than the Anejos.

I think PAM 1926's are better than the Padron Milleniums and the PAM 1964's. I also like:

ERDM Robusta Largas & Robusta Supremas
Hoyo de Monterrey Sultans & Double Coronas
Excalibur maduors
Cupido maduros (they have a nice SWEET wrapper)
Indian Tabac Maduros
Onyx (any Onyx)
La Gloria Cubana Serie R maduros
CAO Mx2
La Escepcion maduros

I love Oliva "O" Bolds (they have a dark, sweet wrapper that looks like and tastes liek a maduro but supposedly is not) but for some reason the Oliva Maduros don't rate high on my list.

I also do not particularly care for Partagas maduros or Macanudo maduros.

coventrycat86 said:
Anjeos and WOAM's are "okay" but IMO nothing to get real excited over.
Heretic! That does it! Sent it back! :D

LMAO @ Moki!!

Sorry, I already smoked it, I finished it off last night!! I was hoping it would be better than the 55's that I have and it was but not much better :(

coventrycat86 said:
LMAO @ Moki!!

Sorry, I already smoked it, I finished it off last night!! I was hoping it would be better than the 55's that I have and it was but not much better :(
No excuses! Gather up the ashes and mould it back into that torpedo->fat box pressed shape and send it back!

La Perla Habana Black Pearl Gran Robusto
Onyx Reserve mini belli
La Peral Toro Maduro
Bolivar Feurte Petites
Macanudo Diplomat

Cheers,
Dixie

PAM Imperial maduro
Any Padron maduro
Mx2's
La Luna Maduro Fuerte
WOAM
Onyx Reserve
Just some off the top of my head! :D

coventrycat86 said:
I think PAM 1926's are better than the Padron Milleniums and the PAM 1964's.
I could see that. It depends on what you like, the 1926's are stronger in flavor and character than the PMMs. I think I prefer the PMMs to the 1926s, because it's a smoother, sweeter smoke... but it really depends on what you want on a particular day.

Can't really go wrong with either, IMHO. Ditto with PAM's.

I've fallen in love with the LGC Series R's. They have such a great draw and it seems like you can blow out the smoke forever. My only wish for a change would be having longer cigar with 52 or smaller ring.

Some of my faves include:

Onyx Reserve
Partagas Black
Punch Gran Cru
Bahia Gold
Excalibur
Hemingway
Mayorga
La Luna
PAM
RyJ Reserve

If I had to pick a favorite I would go with the La Lunas. This is just an awesome cigar and one of the increasingly fewer domestics that I reach for on a regular basis.

Top Shelf
PAM Torpedo
1926 #2

** I'm sureI would add the Padron Millenium and AF Anejo but I'm still letting them sit and haven't tried one......that shall change soon :D :D

Not so Top Shelf
Prtagas Black
RyJ Reserve
AVO
LGC Serie R
AF Chateau Fuente