• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best round of my life!

gregor22

Woof!
Just got off the course today after shooting the best round of my life, 81 :D ! Started with six straight pars on the Desert course here:http://www.silverstonegolfclub.com/index.cfm?menu=492 ended up shooting 39 on the front(Desert) and 42 on the back(Valley) from the black tees. Brought my putter along today, only 28 putts. 9 pars, 9 bogeys, I'll take it! Gregor

Congrats! Bests my best by 2. The ONE time that I took a week to do nothing but play golf everyday... went from 93, first day to 83 the last day. :)

I shot 83 a couple of times and my game has gone backwards since then!

Good games are remembered long after the bad ones have faded from memory.

:)

Funny thing is that my threesome yesterday got a single added at the last minute. Turns out that he shot a 77, best round of his life. He plays with us today, and another "best ever" round. It was pretty cool.

I found in many sports, particularly induividual sports...great play breeds great play. :)

Great shooting Greg. I played Sunday and shot an 86. That is about my normal. Ive broken 80 once with a 78, but it hasnt happened again since. I just need to play more.

Great job! Last week I shot the best round in about 5 years. 79. I was -1 on the front nine and then bogeyitis with a double on the 16th handicap hole.

I found in many sports, particularly induividual sports...great play breeds great play.

I think it is true if you play with guys who are better your play will also be better.

Did you have any cigars?

golfgar said:
Did you have any cigars?
I occasionally will have a cigar when I play, but I very rarely drink alcohol whenn I play. I always have water and fruit with me. Alcohol makes my game worse, and then I drink more and it gets worse again, so I only drink if I start off bad and I know my game isnt really gonna improve that day. I have a buddy who is exact opposite of me. He plays well when he doesnt drink, but gets better when he does drink. I dont understand it at all.

bryan_h said:
golfgar said:
Did you have any cigars?
I occasionally will have a cigar when I play, but I very rarely drink alcohol whenn I play. I always have water and fruit with me. Alcohol makes my game worse, and then I drink more and it gets worse again, so I only drink if I start off bad and I know my game isnt really gonna improve that day. I have a buddy who is exact opposite of me. He plays well when he doesnt drink, but gets better when he does drink. I dont understand it at all.
I know a Guy like that. after the second scotch his game gets better.
My game falls apart when I drink :D

Bill

Awesome round of golf Greg. Tell me you didn't have visions of sub 80 in your mind at the turn though LMAO ;)

I've hit 80 once or twice but never under, however I am still in the hunt!

BenjieV :D

Didn't really think about the sub-80 round until I got up to the tee box on 18. Thought, hmmm, birdie gets me 79. Of course, it didn't happen, but I knew I was going to shoot my best round regardless. No smokes or drinks(other than Gatorade and water) on the course, was 111 here and though we teed off at 7am, it was pretty hot by the back nine.