• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best Tequilla

Nice to see this old thread come to life again....

sort of like a night after drinking tequilla.... :D

In my many years of drinking.....I've come to the conclusion

quality over quantity.

It's so much better to enjoy a finer spirit than try to see how much we can put down.......that will almost always find it's way back up rather quickly. And kill any chances of you getting lucky.
Not to mention, you don't remember a damn thing and you feel like sh$t ??? the next day.

PATRÓN is all I drink. All three are good.

karen2.jpg

k_banner_new.gif

PATRÓN ANEJO
anejo2.gif

Patrón Anejo is a delicate blend of uniquely aged tequilas. As in many premium red wines the blends must be adjusted for each vintage. The same care and attention is paid when blending Patrón Anejo. All the aged tequilas are aged in small white oak barrels.

PATRÓN REPOSADO
reposado2.gif

Patrón Reposado is aged in oak barrels for a minimum of six months. Patrón Reposado is aged and blended to incorporate the fresh clean taste of Patrón Silver with a hint of the oak flavor found in Patrón Anejo. Reposado style tequila has been popular in Mexico for many years and is experiencing an excellent reception by most tequila connoisseurs world wide. Patrón Reposado may be enjoyed as a sipping tequila or mixed with high quality mixers. It makes an excellent "ultra premium" margarita.

PATRÓN SILVER
silver2.gif

Patrón Silver is called young or "joven" tequila. A similarity may be made to a young or nouvelle wine. It is known for its lite, fresh, crystal clear look and an elegant smoothness not found in other silver tequilas. Many prefer this smooth soft and lite tequila over an aged and slightly oaky flavor. Those that know the difference may find Patrón Silver the finest silver tequila available. It is perfect for blending, with high quality mixer or may easily be sipped as is recommended with Patrón Anejo and Patrón Reposado.

Well I finally got to try some El Tesoro Anejo last night. Damn was it good tequila. To date, the only thing I may like better is Cabo Wabo Reposado, but I've not had the two side by side to really pick.

The thing I like best about the El Tesoro is that, while it's an anejo, the oak does not dominate the flavor. There is still plenty of agave flavor there. Definitely a good tequila.

Don Julio Anejo is my favorite so far.

I've heard good things about Cabo Wabo but haven't gotten around to trying it.

I have repeatedly been told, "you need to try brand X" when I say I don't like Tequilla: each time the same result. I don't particularly care for the flavor and I get the same headache that follows a trip to the Dentist's office.

I don't really care for the taste of Rum much either, but since it lacks the headache I am willing to taste any brand out there.

Whiskey, Gin, Vodka, and Brandy are another story! I love em... :love:

-MAtt-

other1 said:
Don Julio Anejo is my favorite so far.

I've heard good things about Cabo Wabo but haven't gotten around to trying it.
I was eyeing up that Don Julio at the bar, but decided not to try it. I figure that if I like it then I'd have to fight the urge to buy a $48 bottle of tequila. As a college student, I just can't swing that right now. Thats the same reason I never buy the Cabo Wabo Reposado. I wish I could.

The Cabo is good stuff. It always gets me how so many people are quick to bash Cabo tequila since it's Sammy Hagar's brand. Alot of people won't consider it a real premium tequila for this reason. But I don't see how it's any different than the heavily marketed Patron, owned by Paul Mitchell, or that Asom Broso owned by the Hollywood film guy, which is really expensive. IMO, they're all a little overpriced, as are alot of tequilas, but regardless of whether or not the agave shortage was/will be taken care of, I don't see the tequila prices ever going back down now.

I think this is why I appreciate El Tesoro so much. All three El Tesoro tequilas (excluding the Paradiso) are under $40, and the Anejo and Reposado are top notch (I can't speak for the Platinum).

The best tequila on the market is sitting in my garage aging...and it's not on the market because I distilled it myself. It'll be ready around summer. I've tasted a little in undiluted form and it's really, really freaking good!

Most of my family and friends know that tequila is my drink of choice, so I get a good number of bottles for birthdays and Christmas. I've tried most and love Patron Anejo. Smooth, great flavor and easy on the "day after".

It's great by itself (numerous shots, of course) or in a 'rita on the rocks. Not sure how it is in a blended 'rita, I don't drink that shi... er... stuff.

1. Lick of salt... followed by a...
2. shot of Patron Anejo... followed by a...
3. squeeze of lime... followed by a...
4. Rebel Yell!!

Yeah, baby!

Big100HD said:
PATRÓN SILVER
Patrón Silver is called young or "joven" tequila. A similarity may be made to a young or nouvelle wine. It is known for its lite, fresh, crystal clear look and an elegant smoothness not found in other silver tequilas. Many prefer this smooth soft and lite tequila over an aged and slightly oaky flavor. Those that know the difference may find Patrón Silver the finest silver tequila available. It is perfect for blending, with high quality mixer or may easily be sipped as is recommended with Patrón Anejo and Patrón Reposado.
I had some Patron Silver on the rocks not to long ago and I found it to be a very mild silver tequila. It didn't seem to have a whole lot of flavor, although it was very smooth (I'll give it that). It makes me think that this product was targeted toward white spirit drinkers, particularly vodka drinkers, as opposed to tequila drinkers.

Corazon Anejo or Patron Anejo for my wife. No tequila for me, por favor! :D

Platas(blancos), silver tequilas;are un-aged and very peppery or strong.

Reposado(rested); aged and more mellow usually good for sipping.

anejos; aged even longer and are the most refined (expensive) the perfect sipper.

Cabo Wabo silver; is good stuff also made by Sammy Hagar's distillery.

el charro platinum; very good and not to peppery

jose cuervo reserva de familia; very very good

the first two are between 30 and forty dollars and the last well it can go well over 100.
also Sauza is usually pretty smooth.
save the jose gold and other cheaper stuff for mixing and shots

I bought a bottle of Con Orgullo Anejo when I was in Cozumel. I really like it. :)

Call me the AVB of tequila

Herradrua Especiales - $600 a bottle. Smoothest thing you'll ever taste. For the guy who not only loves good tequila, but for knows what tequila is.

If it was made at the cuervo factory, forget it.

If you've haven't tried the following tequilas, save your money:
Any cuervo product
Centenario
Caba Wabo (joke)
Cazadores ( a lot of bartenders push this as their best brand in the bar, but it's sick)
Herradura Plata, Gold, or Anejo
Basically, if you need a lime, lemon, or salt to shoot it, it's not good.

Decent tequilas in the 40-70 dollar range:

Any Patron (although I'm partial to Plata, or silver tequilas)
El Tosoro
Chinaco plata or reposado
Any Don Julio (again with the Plata)
Corazon Plata

Wanna drop $100 bucks for a really decent tequila?
Porfidio Cactus

Any good tequila should be prepared in a snifter, NOT in a shot glass. Chilled with absolutely NO salt, lime, lemon, chaser, whatever.

Two of my current favorites are Don Julio 1942 and the Tesoro Azteca Anejo, I haven't had the opportunity to try the Herradura Especiales. For the bucks, you really can't beat the Don Julio line, my staples are Blanco y Anejo.

BD, what do you think about the Casa Noble line? I tried the Anejo and it was just to smooth for my taste, no machismo at all.

:cool:

When you've reviewed a few dozen I'll call you the AVB of Tequila, until then you can be the AV wanna B of tequila. :sign: :sign: :sign:

BrownDevil said:

Any good tequila should be prepared in a snifter, NOT in a shot glass. Chilled with absolutely NO salt, lime, lemon, chaser, whatever.
[snapback]159750[/snapback]​

AVB said:
When you've reviewed a few dozen I'll call you the AVB of Tequila, until then you can be the AV wanna B of tequila. :sign: :sign: :sign:

BrownDevil said:

[snapback]159750[/snapback]​
[snapback]160042[/snapback]​

I stand corrected Sir AVB :D