• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best way to recharge your beads that are in tubes?

Rconectn

King of Scotland
I've purchased the Heartfelt Humidity Tubes for my humidors and I was wondering what's the best way to recharge the beads that come in the tubes? The way I do it is I hold the tubes vertical, I take off the cap and just pour some distilled water directly onto the beads until a little bit of water is seeping from the bottom. I then replace the cap and shake the excess water from the tube and replace it in my humi. What I would like to know, is this the proper way of doing it? Is there a better way to recharge the beads that come in the plastic mesh tubes?

Spray bottle. Spray the sides while turning. Wipe off excess.

I thought of that but figured since the mesh that the tubes are made of are so small I wouldn't be able to get all the beads wet especially the ones in the center.

If you spray enough they'll get wet... soaked even.

I wish I started by doing this. I originally poured the water into the tube but this caused some of them to crack.. which is fine but now I get little white bead chips all over my humi. Not a huge deal but every once in a while I have to clean them out of there it looks messy :\

I bought my tube beads a long time ago from Vern. He always included a small syringe with them that you use to give a shot through a weep hole on the soft plastic end. It works great!

I mist with spray, shake, then wipe. seems to work good, but I'm doing it about twice a week due to the horrifically dry climate here.

I'm not so dainty. I fill a glass with distilled water and dunk em! Yes, rapid hydration can cause beads to crack, but WGAF? They still work fine.

I'm not so dainty. I fill a glass with distilled water and dunk em! Yes, rapid hydration can cause beads to crack, but WGAF? They still work fine.

Yippeee, finally someone that does it like I do!! :) I was shamefully hiding while everyone talked about misting. lol. Now I can come out of the dunk a bead closet!!!

Don

I wish I started by doing this. I originally poured the water into the tube but this caused some of them to crack.. which is fine but now I get little white bead chips all over my humi. Not a huge deal but every once in a while I have to clean them out of there it looks messy :\
I used to open them up and pour some DI in the tubes.....until one of them got moldy. This is a very real possibility with bigger tubes and too much water.

Since then I used the "mist and wipe" method and it works great.

YMMV - B.B.S.

If you're really anal, pour them out into a pan, count the total number, and then put 30% of those into a separate "dry area".

Take the 70% and spray them with distilled, deionized water, making sure they turn transparent but without creating any puddles. Then lovingly place them back into the tube along with the dry beads, ensuring that they are well-mixed together.

Go to therapy and discuss how the process made you feel. :sign:

Seriously, if you want to be sure that your bead do get properly coated from the spray, you can pour them into a pan and make sure about 70% of them get wet.

I have always placed my beads in a sealed container with a cup of distilled water and let them absorb the evapoated moisture till they are about 70 % clear. Its a longer process but I read somewhere that was the way to do it. It works better with an open container of beads as it is easier to see them and how many are clear then it does with tubes.

Maybe I am just weird. the spraying seems much easier.

Chuck Norris just stares the beads down and they wet themselves.

count me in the lazy drown-a-bead catoegory. I take the cap from the distilled h2O, take the end cap off the beads and pour 2 capfull's down the center this seemingly gets about 2/3's of them clear.

Quick and easy for me although I must admit I am begining to see some cracked beads but, hey nothing lasts forvever.

If you're really anal, pour them out into a pan, count the total number, and then put 30% of those into a separate "dry area".

Take the 70% and spray them with distilled, deionized water, making sure they turn transparent but without creating any puddles. Then lovingly place them back into the tube along with the dry beads, ensuring that they are well-mixed together.

Go to therapy and discuss how the process made you feel. :sign:

Seriously, if you want to be sure that your bead do get properly coated from the spray, you can pour them into a pan and make sure about 70% of them get wet.

so i must be the crazy pyschotic one. but i dont have the tube so its much easier for me to seperate the 30% (eyeballed not counted) and wet the rest in a cloth semi-soaked in distilled water