• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Better Order Your Opus X Now

.....WOW. I've seen gouging before, but I think that takes the cake.

$40-50 a stick by the fiver? :0

Granted, some of the sticks are newer/rarer sizes, but that's really . . . rapacious.

~Boar

I got the e-mail... Even though I haven't ordered from them, I still like to browse through the e-mails. I don't think I could count the retailers I get e-mails from.

It is from Thompson... I would feign surprise but that would just make me look stupid.

I'm surprised the fun-box is not more than $ 950.00.

That's a set-price item. Because it's for their charitable foundation, no markups are allowed. Get caught trying and that's the last Fuente product you'll ever sell.

~Boar

I need to live in the magical land of Texas where there is no markup on Opus! Instead, I live in the troubled land of California where even Diamond Crown Lounges gouge on their Opus product. :laugh:

That's a set-price item. Because it's for their charitable foundation, no markups are allowed.

I need to live in the magical land of Texas where there is no markup on Opus!

I have never seen an online price above MSRP on the CFCF Opus22. Period.

Other Opus X products, of course, the sky and the size of the vendor's clanking brass cojones tend to be the only limits! :rolleyes:

~Boar

That's a set-price item. Because it's for their charitable foundation, no markups are allowed.

I need to live in the magical land of Texas where there is no markup on Opus!

Other Opus X products, of course, the sky and the size of the vendor's clanking brass cojones tend to be the only limits! :rolleyes:

~Boar

I have.

I got an email this morning promoting them...thought $300 for the Opus shark was okfor a set of 10 or so....then realized it was the 5er! Started to laugh.

~Boar
[/quote]

I've seen the CFCF 22 set marked up nearly 60% in a shop though.

ARTURO FUENTE OPUS X LOVE AFFAOR NATURAL PERFECTO
$250.00

I didn't know the Fuente family made a cigar called the Opus X LOVE AFFAOR!!!! I need these NOW!!!!
Ok ok...I have the first dress released box of the Opus X Love Affair so I am set for a long time. As I am not planning on smoking them any
time soon.

ARTURO FUENTE OPUS X LOVE AFFAOR NATURAL PERFECTO
$250.00

I didn't know the Fuente family made a cigar called the Opus X LOVE AFFAOR!!!! I need these NOW!!!!
Ok ok...I have the first dress released box of the Opus X Love Affair so I am set for a long time. As I am not planning on smoking them any
time soon.

Well now you are just gloating :rolleyes:

When I finally freed myself from their 250 cigar club about 5 years ago I swore I'd never order from them again. So far I've keep that promise and I don't see this deal changing that.

I've said it before and I'll say it again,
if it ever came to it where Thompson was the only place I could go, I'd quit.

In NYC...I never see Opus X or Anejos being sold without a large markup. Never...