• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

beverage recommendation

well, I finally had the pleasure of trying Sprecher's root beer, along with 3 other gourmet root beers. I found an excellent gourmet pizza place (in fact that's what it's called- "Gourmet Pizza Shoppe") in Redlands, CA, and they had all kinds of obscure bottled soft drinks to choose from.
I definitely enjoyed Sprecher's (by "enjoyed", I mean it's leaps'n'bounds better than other more mass-produced brands), but by Henry Weinhard's standards, I found it a bit less flavorful (less robust, if you will, and the "finish" fades kinda quickly in comparison), and like *all* other gourmet brands I've tried so far, it lacked the frothy and creamy draught style head that I've been spoiled with by H.W..
the other brands I tried were Virgil's, Hank's, and "Route 66", and would rate those ones from best to less-best in that order. I bought 2 bottles of each, so I could try 'em with cigars a couple times, and I thought they all made fine cigar companions.
I'd recommend Virgil's almost as highly as H.W. because the flavor was so unique, and darn-near as delicious.

anyway. I just wanted to throw out a few more recommendations.

enjoy.

How about a good strong cup of joe???

Java that is, coffee, you know?

Can't believe no one suggested that as it's my favorite. Damn, now I want a smoke and a cup of coffee......... :D

I few years ago, I read that Dr. Pepper (and brandy and port, but I don't like any alcohol very much) went well with cigars. I tried it and have been drinking it ever since. It just seems to blend perfectly with the taste of a cigar. Of course if you don't like Dr.P or Mr Pibb, then it won't be for you. I love it though!

Remy Martin Cognac, VSOP is okay, XO is even better, Extra Millineum better still and if you REALLY have money to burn, go for Louis XIII :0

A nice Tawny Port, beer, diet soda water, etc.

I find just about anything works ;)

I'm partial to Newcastle Brown Ale, although anything that will wet my whistle will do.

I like Pepsi and iced mochas. Lattes don't do it any more for me and regular coffee just doesn't compliment cigars in my opinion.

I like the Taylor tawney port 10yr old or the 1999 vintage, good stuff. :D

I like a good beer (Arrogant Bastard Ale, Anchor Porter, Stone Imperial Russian Stout, etc.)

Bourbon (Woodford Reserve, Maker's Mark)

Tawny Port

And Strangely enough Diet Sunkist or Diet Cherry 7up. Go figure.

Oh and I forgot Ron Z. Rum occasionaly.

For darker cigars (Maduro or Oscuro) try White Russians / Black Russians, or just Jim Beam

For Lighter cigars try something like the Bayou 4 (a drink my friends and I made up - Malibu Rum (cocnut), Cap't Morgans Spiced Rum, Pineapple juice, Grenadine, or lighter drinks (Gin and Tonic, Kamakaze, light beers)

For all cigars- any Sam Adams (Cherry Wheat's my fav), the Apricot Ale from Pete's Wicked Ale, or coffee flavored drinks (incl coffee).

coventrycat86 said:
Remy Martin Cognac, VSOP is okay, XO is even better, Extra Millineum better still and if you REALLY have money to burn, go for Louis XIII :0

A nice Tawny Port, beer, diet soda water, etc.

I find just about anything works ;)
Heh, heh, heh, Bill said Tawny! :D

Actually, I have found a new favorite beer in Leinenkugel Red Lager. I have been an avid Killians drinker for years, but this stuff just has a better finish, and a nicer aftertaste than the big K.

JV

Sean Connery voice on: If it's not SCOTCH.......it's CRAP!
Sean connery voice off:

Jk,Jk guys :p

ROTFLMAO! I wouldn't expect any other answer from you Bruddah!

For me I'm with Brother Leebo.... hot black coffee... preferably 100% Kona or a rich Sumatra! When it's warm try some iced coffee or an iced cold glass of chocolate milk paired with a great maddie cigar!

Aloha,

Wade

wk-mang said:
iced cold glass of chocolate milk paired with a great maddie cigar!

Aloha,

Wade
ohh my gooooodness. You must hock some major lugies while smoking then. I couldn't imagine the mucous that buils up.... (wait, can I say mucous on a public board?)

:p

A cold bottle of Sam Adams Cream Stout for a heavier cigar or just a bottle of regular Sam's for any other.

A little shine also goes well w/ a nice smoke. Problem is that once you drink 8oz. of 170 proof you tend not to remember much about the cigar...or how to turn your door knob to get back in the house.

Got some unusual scotch that you might find interesting. Take a look in the Saloon.

One of my favorite Port wines is Six Grapes, great taste and blends perfectly with any stogie imo.

surferonthecrystalcoast said:
or any ice cold beer...... :thumbs:
That's what I've discovered! Smirnoff Ice isn't bad with a good cigar, then again, Coors Light compliments it perfectly. :thumbs: