• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Big Score Today! (for a noobie)

HashMarks

A friend of mine knew I had been dabbling in the cigar world lately and hooked me up with his humidor. His wife is Cuban and her father smoked 3 cigars a day for years (as well as cigarettes) and died of throat cancer. This event basicly caused her to ban my buddy from smoking cigars. Sad story, but I was fortunate to benefit for it.

Inside said humidor, he had a Diplomaticos Habana, which I believe to be a #2 variety, a Montecristo torpedo of some type, and two P. Benitez (churchill and a robusto). Finally, a mystery stick which he swears to be a Cuban that he picked up while on vacation.

So, yeah, I'm pretty excited, had to tell the world. Feel free to let me know what to expect if you have sampled any of these.
-Hash

First off, you are a newb and haven't yet developed your pallette enough or experienced enough to even tell if they are even real.
Here is what I suggest you do,
Send me that number 2 variety it is no good anyway. I will verify and dispose of it properly.

As for the Benitez I'm sure someone here is experienced with those and will step up to help you.

Nice score! :thumbs: Too bad about your friend getting locked down from his wife, maybe you can give him a set of cajones as a fair trade. :laugh:

As for the mystery stick, smoke it and tell us what you think. Then you can go fill it up again, and again, and again.

Sad to report, upon further inspection and research, the Diplomaticos is a fake. Oh well, easy come, easy go.

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/counterfeit/view/id/15407

Pretty likely that they are all fake, then, imo.

Pretty likely that they are all fake, then, imo.
Yes, I believe that is the case. The P. Benitez are a fairly new brand to the market and are Nicaraguan, so I will torch one this weekend and see how it goes.
The big thing from this is I now have a humidor, so all is well. Thanks for the input fellas.
-Hash

Nice score on the Humidor! You can beat free stuff. It is a shame however that most of the stuff inside is phony. At least you didn't pay for them though.

Also, I couldn't help but notice that you live in greensboro NC. I'm currently living in Greenville SC. You ever make your way down here?

You know that's pretty funny hash because the way you and I came across our humis is very similar.
I grabbed mine for a steal on craigs from a high ranking army guy who told me his wife had made him quit. He claimed he had traveled to several diplomatic cigar dinners in various international countries and had tasted the best sticks around. Anyway the kicker was that he was willing to give me some Cohiba Siglo IV and Trinidads that remained in the humi but after a little research I found them to be fakines just as you did. No wonder he was so willing to part with them.
Anyway, just thought I'd share.

Well, sure as heck you gotta smoke something. If you enjoy them, who gives a dang. If you don't, how can you beat free. You win either way.