• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Big Smoke = Big Fun.

MountainPasser

Highest Passer CONUS.
Hi all,

Well I’ve been back for from Big Smoke for a few days now and have almost caught up on my sleep. Vegas is a fun town but not the place to be for getting sleep. My wife and I got to the Paris hotel for Big Smoke about an hour and a half early for the event. We thought we would play some before getting in line. Wrong answer, there were about 200 people in line at that point. After an hour and a half wait they let us in. There it was cigar haven, no harps just fluffy clouds of cigar smoke. We grabbed the Big Smoke bags and the coupon book and started gathering cigars. We went form vender to vender trading coupons for cigars. About an hour after we were their Joe M gave me a call on my cell phone. We met him over by the Cadillac display. For the next two hours the three of us talked about cigars and smoked as we visited the remaining vendors. My wife and I had a wonderful time with Joe he‘s a very nice guy. At the end of the event Joe went to find his family and we were all going to hookup later that night but we never made it. My wife and I had a great time at Big Smoke it’s on our short list of things to do each year now.

How many of you have gone before? This was my first time but not my last.

Joe It was very nice meeting you we had a blast that night. Next time we go to Albuquerque we’ll give you a call. Also when you come up to Colorado let us know we’ll all go out on the town. Nadine was bummed out she didn’t get a picture of the three of us. I told her the shoemaker’s kids never have shoes. :)

PS.
I’ll post some pictures soon.

Mpass

My question is: Is the $150 you spend on a ticket given back to you in free cigars? If so, it seems like almost a no-brainer to go.

I think it's a no brainer either way. Get to have a really good time, good food and drink from the sound of them, AND cigars? Shooooo, I wish I could have gotten to hit the BS in NY. Man... Next year

Sounds like a great time MP.

I've been to four or five, but only one time in Vegas. The $150 is worth it if you are going with a group to have a good time. I've been a couple times where I was comped entry by manufacturers and did not receive the coupn book and still had a great time, since I don't smoke most of the stuff they would hand out anyway. The food is always good and there's always plenty of libations. The most fun I've had at one was in Vegas though. Flew in on a Friday afternoon and by 7:00 that night I had only $25 left and a new credit card with a huge limit. Wound up winning back all of my money plus enough to pay for the trip and souveneirs for the family by noon the next day. Then we went to the Big Smoke Saturday night and had a blast!! Then back to more gambling where I won more. Not enough to retire on, but enough to have had fun with for the time I was in Vegas. I'd recommend people go to at least one Big Smoke to see what they are about and if you can swing the Vegas one, go to the lectures too.

Neil, the pleasure was all mine! You and your wife are great people! And for those people asking, yes it was worth the money... The food, drink and cigars were good. But the opportunity to make friends with such nice people was the topper! And I would be greatly disappointed if we were not to get together again Neil, and my son is all nuts about seeing the rockets launched! :thumbs:

I went to a Big Smoke a few years ago at the Marriot Marquee in NYC. We got about 30 cigars and met Carlos Fuente Jr. This was about the time Opus X first came out, because we talked to him about them.
We had a lot of fun. Well worth the $150.
Lou