• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Birthday coming up

chryssy

I am turning 32 the end of september. I wanted to celebrate my birthday right. So I was wondering what cigars would you suggest to a newbie that is still learning about really good cigars. Thank you for you suggestions in advance as I know that they will be good ones.

Chryssy

I see that you like the flavoured smokes so I cannot offer a good opinion of those, however, I did see that you want to try the RP Vintage, I personally like that smoke every once in a while.

Without knowing your tastes, its hard to recommend, do you like full flavoured, cameroons, medium bodied. Post some of the previous smokes that you have had and maybe some of us can suggest something based upon your fav's.

crap, what did i want to say... damn image from boonedoggle threw me off :). oh yeah, birthday cigars... like tkoepp said, its hard to recommend a cigar without knowing what type of strength/taste you prefer. I'm assuming since your into the flavored cigars you might be leaning towards mild-mediums so what about something from the montecristo line. if you like them a little more medium you could always go with a platinum or afrique. or A. Fuente 858's, hemingways. Punch grand cru has some nice flavor to it. Macanudo Gold label (although i think they're abit pricey). Just throwing some of my faves out there since I also liked the flavorful sticks when i started. Hope that helps.

btw, what's a 'PAM' BD?

OK here goes some previous smokes. Natural by Drew Estate liked that one. Occidental Reserve Double Broadleaf not too bad. I have noticed that I lean towards the lighter cigars. So something in that catagory.

chryssy

For a birthday celebration, I'd go for something you won't hit everyday. Opus or Padron Anniversary. I found the Opus to be stronger and my favorite of the two, but the PAM is a fine, fine smoke.

happy birthday

hey chrys. in honor of you turning the same age as me this year, im gonna send you my personal favorite "mild" cigar. a davidoff millenium. a bit overpriced but a perfect cigar for a newcomer who wants to do it right.

if youre addy isnt in your profile, pm it to me.

Good I was going to say Davidoff. Unless the Come Together shop is still down off of Main street somewhere.

I was down there when I went to MSSC

Misouri Shake Smokin College

LFD Chisel. :whistling:

Doc.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hey chrys. in honor of you turning the same age as me this year, im gonna send you my personal favorite "mild" cigar. a davidoff millenium. a bit overpriced but a perfect cigar for a newcomer who wants to do it right.

Hey - I want one... :0

Congrats fellow product of September 30th! Libras are awesome :thumbs: I was just thinking about my birthday line up as well. Since our birthday falls on a Saturday this year, there is all day to smoke. Enjoy that Davidoff, a very nice cigar that might make you rethink the Drew Estate. I know the #2 is what got me into premium cigars.

For someone who likes mild cigars, some suggestions from approximately most to least expensive:

-Diamond Crown - It's one of the few CT shade-wrapped cigars that I enjoy.
-Davidoff (Not the Milleniums or any of the limited releases)
-Macanudo Vintage
-Ashton Cabinet series or Ashton Aged Maduro
-Fuente Hemingway
-Fuente Chateau or Double Chateau or a Fuente 858 Candela (if you can find one)

My list is heavy on the AF-rolled stuff, but it seems to me that their quality and range of styles are tough to beat.

The best birthday smoke is the one you've been saving, telling yourself you'd keep it for a while, maybe not even smoke it - collectable, etc. Well, on your birthday, my recommendation is bust it out and toast it up... :thumbs:

Hard for me to recommend a "mild" smoke as most of the ones I like have some oomph to them. I will say not too long ago I smoked a Padron 1964 Anniversary torp. that was one of the tastiest smokes I'd had in a long time. You may like it, a lot.... :cool:

Happy birthday in advance - B.B.S.

UPDATE. Went to the local tobacconist and she helped me find and AF 858. She told me it was very mild so the stick is now in my humi getting settled in and comfy waiting for the end of the month. she also gave me one of her stash. It was a small red dot Cohiba. she told me go ahead and smoke it and tell her what I thought. to my Suprise very mild, smooth, and I enjoyed it very much so I think that I will have to get me a tin. Keep checking on my little Bday stick making sure that it is getting no sunlight humi is right and temp is right for the next couple of weeks.

My birthday is the 24th...also 32 years old (I'm a double Tiger Libra!). To me, my birthday smoke will be an Opus X "A" or a Cuaba Solomone. Can't decide, depends on what the libation of the evening will be...if it's scotch, I will go with the Opus...if it's something lighter like a Mojito or Gin and tonic...I will go with the Solomone.

As for you, Chryssy...go with the Dividoff. But then, I may have something up my sleave for you as well...

-Fetter

I wouldn't say the Davidoff Millenium is a mild cigar at all but Davidoff have some great mild cigars.

I'd find a nice cuban though. :)

Congrats on your birthday in advance if I miss it.

Happy Birthday, Chryssy!

PAM stands for Padron Anniversary Maduro and it is the fine Swiss chocolate of cigars. At my local, the Monarca Maduro 6 1/2 x 46 goes for $8.

Congrats in advance on smoking your first 858. IMO, they're one of the best deals in price/quality out there. Enjoy!

Edit to say I concur with Cigar Penguin - and will reiterate what I mentioned above, no on the Davidoff Millenium for anyone looking for a mild smoke...

LFD Chisel. :whistling:

Doc.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hey - I want one... :0

Mooch!

----------------------

Chryssy - Look into a Fuente Hemingway smoke or better yet a Don Carlos #4.

Should be mild enjoy yet offer you a nice taste.

The PAM and the Davidoff will both be a little spicey - and have plenty of nicotine.

You may want to have a few sticks around for your celebration - in case you don't like one or two!

Happy Birthday!

<edit - Don Carlos #4>