• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Black Cauldron Imperial Stout

MAS_Puros

Me as a wee one with my bottle of Abyss
For those of you that love stouts, dark beer or just a nice malty brew . .. this one caught me by surprise yesterday. Not bad at all!

Black Cauldron
Grand Teton
BCIS.jpg

Pours dark brown with about ½ inch tannish head. The head last a while, I let the beer breath and warm up. Looks like used motor oil. Roasted malts and chocolate are dominant with a slight coffee smell.
You are first hit with some bitter coffee and burnt sugars but then it evolved into a nice roast with slight notes of smoked molasses and a nice chocolate sweetness . A little warm from the 8.0% ABV but not overwhelming. Medium bodied, slightly creamy but overall smooth. Has mild acidity and very chewy.

I really enjoyed this one and could have drank another! Wonder if this will age well ...

edited to add picture and links

Nice...I like a stout when the temps drop. Wish my location had a better variety of beer.

Velvet is one of the Firestone beers used to blend the anniversary series. Not bottled, only available on tap.

Velvet is one of the Firestone beers used to blend the anniversary series. Not bottled, only available on tap.

Please die...

Some of the draft only beers from FW I had at GABF were definitely amongst the best there. Opal :boner:

Grand Teton is kind of hit or miss for me. I liked the Black Cauldron, maybe a little thin, but pretty drinkable. The Lost Continent DIPA was really sweet. I like the Bitch Creek ESB a lot. I've never tried their 750ml bottles. They're pretty pricey.

1. This beer sounds great and I will 2nd Justin's comments about adding it the next box of beers we trade. :)
2. Chico sucks for getting to drink Velvet Murkin on tap.
3. You CA guys also suck for getting to have PtY on tap. Please to send growler of PtY in box soon. :)

That is all....

Grand Teton is kind of hit or miss for me. I liked the Black Cauldron, maybe a little thin, but pretty drinkable. The Lost Continent DIPA was really sweet. I like the Bitch Creek ESB a lot. I've never tried their 750ml bottles. They're pretty pricey.

Their bottles aren't too bad. Reinheitsgebot Cellar Reserve Double Vision, which was awesome was $13 for a liter (more then 750ml)
Never had the ESB but may have to try it now.

1. This beer sounds great and I will 2nd Justin's comments about adding it the next box of beers we trade. :)
3. You CA guys also suck for getting to have PtY on tap. Please to send growler of PtY in box soon. :)

That is all....
Again I would gladly trade you places for some BCS on tap. I can't wait for PtY though I am not much of an hop fan. I am very particular about hoppy beers. I only enjoy the ones with a nice balance of malty sweetness and bitter hops.

Oh and yes Chico sucks cause he got Velvet Merkin and I didn't! Second bottle with your name on it :)

Their bottles aren't too bad. Reinheitsgebot Cellar Reserve Double Vision, which was awesome was $13 for a liter (more then 750ml)
Never had the ESB but may have to try it now.

That is all....
Again I would gladly trade you places for some BCS on tap. I can't wait for PtY though I am not much of an hop fan. I am very particular about hoppy beers. I only enjoy the ones with a nice balance of malty sweetness and bitter hops.

Oh and yes Chico sucks cause he got Velvet Merkin and I didn't! Second bottle with your name on it :)

There isn't anywhere near you that will fill growlers of PtY are there Mike?