• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Black maple hill bourbon

carddoug

Banned
Does anyone know where I can get a bottle of black maple hilll 14-21 year old? Thanks!

any luck finding this stuff buudy?  you dont mean the standard black maple hill, do you/?

Lots of write ups about this stuff but nothing saying where to purchase. If I was really interested I would talk to a few reputable B&M's in my area. Good luck.

Try Spec's in TX, they will ship and no tax for out of state. IMHO the Noah's Mill is much better for not much more coin.

carddoug said:
Does anyone know where I can get a bottle of black maple hilll 14-21 year old? Thanks!

Even The Party Source in Bellevue KY is out of stock on it right now.

The place by my job has a couple bottles I believe still... although they dont ship and I believe that they arent exactly cheap.. I think $65 a btl; I would have to check though, so DONT hold me to that...  i have bought a couple of them from there a way while back, so I am not sure what they actually cost me. Two different times, the first time I remember the first bottle being cheaper than the second, albeit different releases I believe.
If you guys are interested, I could try and help you out... but is this stuff worth $65 a bottle plus all the shipping?  I am not sure about that..

You really need to be very specific with this brand. A lot of folks go after the bottles which contained Pappy Van Winkle, and don't understand they have several others which are not. The Pappy stuff is almost impossible to find.

MadMonk said:
You really need to be very specific with this brand. A lot of folks go after the bottles which contained Pappy Van Winkle, and don't understand they have several others which are not. The Pappy stuff is almost impossible to find.
ah ha.. I see. So how do we know if the black maple hill bottle has pappy juice in it?

steve

Hah! I don't remember. I did know a few years ago, when it came out. I think it was a combo of the age, and color of lettering, and some other identifiers. Don't remember if it specifically identified the contents as pappy. I'm sure an internet search would help. I never found the pappy stuff, but bought a bottle of their "limited edition" which has black wax on top, and red lettering on the yellow hued label. It doesn't have any "age" identified. It was a tad over 40 bucks. I am no bourbon guru, and am still learning what I like. I've experimented more with Scotch and Beer.

I thought it was good, but not fantastic. I also found that it tasted much better, TO ME, in a highball glass. I.e., in my mind, a very wide glass. Seems to need to breath.
I also tried adding water, and it didn't do anything remarkable except for making it a bit more approachable for a noob. I tend to add water (a lot) to most of my whiskeys at this stage in my journey.

At the time, if my grey matter is functioning, Black Hills was a bottler. Buying batches and labeling them. Seems to me I read that they were going to start their own production, but that is strictly my "memory".

Yeah... From what I remember they buy batches from wild turkey and heaven hill, and just ultra age them and then put their label on it.

I've only been able to find the 23 year rye and that was 3 years ago. :(