• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blackberry 8830

Newfie

Official Lancero Whore
It's official, I've been put in a temporary assignment for work, and will be splitting my time between my current job and a Corporate project which will be based out of Morristown, NJ. Both my bosses (OMG, I now have 2 bosses) have suggested "It might be a good idea if I got a Blackberry!!" So, when your boss says "It might be a good idea if ................." it usually means "Git 'er done." :laugh:

Corporate has approved an 8830 for me. Anyone own one?? How do you like it?? Good points and bad, and hints as well please. BTW, another model is not an option. This is what IT ordered for me, so it's a given.

Thanks in advance.

I have one and have been pleased with it overall. Very slim, unobtrusive design and the functions are all there. I have service with Verizon and the coverage is excellent. I previously had T-Moilbe with an older style Blackberry and the coverage was spotty at best. By the way I broke the clip on the carrying case in about two weeks of usage.

snip...By the way I broke the clip on the carrying case in about two weeks of usage.

Thanks for the reply, and ohhhhhhh, the clip isn't a good thing. I have a slightly wide arse ( :laugh: :blush: ) and wreak havoc on cell phone clips, so I may have to check out options for this. I'm gonna miss the old "cell in the screwdriver pocket in my carpenter pants" though.

I have the 8300c and love it. I'm very used to how it works and utilize most of the features daily. The microphone doesn't usually work so I have to use a bluetooth headset. I upgraded to something new with a "too little for normal size hands" track ball and returned it to go back to my broken one. I liked not having the micrphone more then the new phone. Go figure.

Stinki

I've had an 8300 Curve for about 6 weeks. Very nice unit through AT&T. The track ball went out for a day, but began working again so I did not have to return it. I love it!

I have the 8830 and like it. Get a micro SD card for it, I have 4 gig and use it to hold videos and MP3's. Bought a cheapo headphone adapter for my headphones.

My only complaint is the keys are a little close together for my clumsy fingers, but it is still a full keyboard.

I broke my clip the first day......bought a leather slip case from Ebay and it fits comfortably in my pocket.

Verizon coverage has been A+.

This is the slip case I bought, pretty good quality: Leather slip case for 8830.

Basically, any and all comments to the negative from anyone who was asked included slamming the stock case / holster. I e-mailed my IT contact and he said every one they issued needed the case replaced from anywhere between the first day to a month later, and some many many times over the life of the unit.

So he said they now are supplied with a leather case. Don't know if it has a belt clip or not (I've seen swivel clip ones), just have to wait & see, I guess.

Yep, I have the 8830 with Verizon. I only use it when I travel, which I guess is quite often. Great phone, nice features like the IM, it's instant.

No, I haven't broken the clip yet, maybe because I don't have a wide arse :cool: :D and yes, the keys are small but how could they be larger,
the unit would have to be bigger.

Mine came with the leather case and belt clip!

Brian

Hey I have the 8830 World Edition through Bell. Great phone. I do sales worldwide and get to travel and we have never had a problem. If you do get this one make sure you get the Micro Card as mentioned as well as the GPS feature. If you save all the address' then it has the "drive to" feature with GPS and it works very good in all major cities. I went with the blue tooth earpiece for when I'm driving and that also works well.

I have a 8820 for work. I like it alot. This is the GSM only model. The GPS is pretty damn cool. Download Google maps, and you are off

I have one as well and have no complaints although like most smart phones the internet experiance sucks. Any phone I don't have to replace inside of 6 months is good in my book.