• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blackhawks vs Lightening: Who wants some?

Brickhouse

J.C. Newman owes me royalties.
My Blackhawks are set to play for the Stanley Cup starting on Wednesday night.  Best of 7 series.

Who wants to take the Lightening?  Straight up in the best of 7.

Premium 5'er is the wager.  I can/will do this two times. 

I will take your bet.   Give me a reason to watch since my Pens got knocked out in round one.  Good Luck

If I were betting real $, I would take the Blackhawks, but since it is just cigars, what the heck. 

cookie_1978 said:
I will take your bet.   Give me a reason to watch since my Pens got knocked out in round one.  Good Luck

If I were betting real $, I would take the Blackhawks, but since it is just cigars, what the heck. 

Sounds good Rob!  Good luck....not really though. :laugh:

kona1000 said:
I'll take Tampa.

Who wants some?

David, I'm happy take you on for a 5'er as well.  Let me know if you want to take me up on it.

Since I am a Blues fan, I just want it completed before the summer solstice so I can, like a Cubs fan, look forward to next season.

I thought they were going to give the old Hawks a Shocker.

Stayed up for the first two periods. I'm not sure Tampa can play much better. The third period must have been I different game.

kona1000 said:
I thought they were going to give the old Hawks a Shocker.

Stayed up for the first two periods. I'm not sure Tampa can play much better. The third period must have been I different game.
The goal on the road is always to win 1 of the 2.  They were able to get that out of the way last night.

The first period was all Tampa.  They owned the momentum and controlled the game.  The second period was fairly even, but I would still give the nod to Tampa.  But Crawford was just too good in the net.  It should have been 3-0 at the end of the 2nd.

The third period, the Hawks got their game rolling and had two great shots.  Both of them just squeezed in and there was little their goalie could do about it.  Great game, and I'm very relieved we were able to snag the first game on the road.

Not the outcome I was looking for.   I went to bed at 1-0, woke up to 2-1 the other way.   Oh way, it is a long series.......I hope.

The Black Cloud said:
If you're trying to beat Chicago 1-0, I've got bad news for you.
^ THIS!

Tampa spent too much of the first half of the third sitting back. They'll need to sustain the type of pressure they had in the first for the entire series to have any hope.

The Stanley Cup has been played for in the West Conference finals for the past 2 years.  What is this series?   

In the first period, Tampa speed made the Hawks look their age.  (25. lol)
I thought the first goal was impressive.  What an incredible shot!  Being the arm chair goalie, I am speechless.  How does one stop that.

The good news, we no longer have to hear how the team that scores first, wins.

Versteeg penalty on the goalie interference.  nhl.com had the video from inside the net.  Kind of cool.  I think they need a better mic.

I would like to see Tampa play with a little more fire.  It seemed they lost it when they went down 2-1.

Tampa played the better game today for sure.  Series heating up.

Hate to admit it, but Tampa wants it more, it's been obvious. Hard to watch the Hawks collapse over and over again.

Chicago should have been up by three goals early. Missing wide open nets- incredible. Chicago lost this game.

Brickhouse said:
Hate to admit it, but Tampa wants it more, it's been obvious. Hard to watch the Hawks collapse over and over again.
From a Kings fan, at least Chicago made the playoffs. The gas tank may start to be getting low. No teams have played more hockey over the past 3-4 years than the Kings and the Hawks. The Kings hit the wall this past season. If things start to unravel for the Hawks, that may be why.

That said, I expect Chicago to come back for game 4 and likely win it.