• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blazer lighter issues....again

My 3rd Blazer pb-207 just died and I'm still not sure WTH is going on. The first one took about a year, then the little piece of copper fell out, and it stopped passing fuel through the head. The 2nd and 3rd took about 5-6 refills each and they also act as if they are clogged. I've only used Vector butane. I make sure to completely purge the lighter before refueling. Put the lighter on the lowest setting before refueling. I've sprayed out the tops with canned air (after they started acting funny). I even used a q-tip with nail polish remover to clean the top of the last one. I can't even hear the slightest hiss of butane when I hold the lighter open.

Any other suggestions, or are they just trash?

My blazer doesn't hold butane for shit and is brand new. I'm thinking I should have just gone cheap.

Signs that its time to go with a different brand perhaps?

...dunno; my Blazer PB-207 is four years old and works like the bomb. I use decent fuel and have been known to hit the business end with compressed air once a year or so. That's about as fancy as the maintenance gets and mine fires every time.

FWIW, YMMV, JMHO, BBQ, etc....B.B.S.

...dunno; my Blazer PB-207 is four years old and works like the bomb. I use decent fuel and have been known to hit the business end with compressed air once a year or so. That's about as fancy as the maintenance gets and mine fires every time.

FWIW, YMMV, JMHO, BBQ, etc....B.B.S.

Based on my recent and past experience, something has changed.

No, this isn't the first time I've heard this about Blazer's newer stuff. It seems like ever since they came out with the "little Buddy" version of the PB-207, all of these problems started popping up. Dammit, they were really good too.

It's their older stuff too. I have two non-working Blazers from 6yrs ago, plus a broken Dupont.They all died with in a year of purchase. Expensive lighters are rip-offs.I'll never buy another. I've got a Zippo that's forty years old. Been around the world. It still works like new.

Doc

My several year old PB-207 works like a champ but my Little Buddy started leaking fuel from the flame lock switch after just a few months.

My old pb worked great for three years then disappeared. The new one has never once held a flame. Incidentally the "new" one is an older model I specifically tracked down to avoid that annoying child lock. In vegas I used a bic and you know what, the gd cigar still lit.

I've had the same problems. They are my favorite lighters when working, but I've gone through 4 of them, and have finally given up. For my last one I fed it only Blazer butane; it died after a couple of months.

My "little buddy" lighter from a group buy here is still firing up daily, my wife should know she stole it from me day one and I've been having to refill it and take care of it since! As soon as I got it I clipped off the child resistant tab and the only thing that broke since then is the spring for the automatic cap. Other than using Vector, no maintenance necessary.

I feel lucky compared to some of your horror stories!

My "little buddy" lighter from a group buy here is still firing up daily, my wife should know she stole it from me day one and I've been having to refill it and take care of it since! As soon as I got it I clipped off the child resistant tab and the only thing that broke since then is the spring for the automatic cap. Other than using Vector, no maintenance necessary.

I have one of the same lighters from what's likely the same group buy and it's a complete POS. It has never worked, it's leaked butane since the fourth day I've had it. I clipped off the child thing before I even filled it for the first time so they would not/will not take it back.

I've since given up and gone back to my Zippos. The new fuel is pretty much odorless and the damn things work EVERY time.

I have one of the same lighters from what's likely the same group buy and it's a complete POS. It has never worked, it's leaked butane since the fourth day I've had it. I clipped off the child thing before I even filled it for the first time so they would not/will not take it back.

I've since given up and gone back to my Zippos. The new fuel is pretty much odorless and the damn things work EVERY time.

X3...Same group buy, mine crapped out within a month, and I use nothing but Vector Quintuplus fuel.

I had no idea that Zippo had new fuel. Something I definitely need to check out.

X3...Same group buy, mine crapped out within a month, and I use nothing but Vector Quintuplus fuel.

I had no idea that Zippo had new fuel. Something I definitely need to check out.
WTH? I must be in the running to be the new replacement for the Dos Equis guy if my lighter is that good!
Dos-Equis-Sharks-have-a-week-dedicated-to-him.jpg

And yeah, the new Zippo fuel in the black can is pretty good!

It's their older stuff too. I have two non-working Blazers from 6yrs ago, plus a broken Dupont.They all died with in a year of purchase. Expensive lighters are rip-offs.I'll never buy another. I've got a Zippo that's forty years old. Been around the world. It still works like new.

Doc

All my zippos are in various ships bilges....but I have a multi year old Xikar that is still working nicely.

I picked up a $2 Ronco while in the checkout line at Kmart about four years ago. Whenever one of my $20+ triple-flame torches go out I always fire up old faithful until the urge hits me to waste more money on another triple-flame. Who says quality doesn't come cheap?

I picked up a $2 Ronco while in the checkout line at Kmart about four years ago. Whenever one of my $20+ triple-flame torches go out I always fire up old faithful until the urge hits me to waste more money on another triple-flame. Who says quality doesn't come cheap?

I avoid the expensive lighters, and always keep my $2 Ronco handy. I have six of them scattered around (golf bag, mower shed, car, etc), and another 10 new ones still in their packaging. Been using these for probably 5 years now, and have yet to toss one.