• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blind Cigar Review Thread #2

Was there a cigar in that picture LFK posted? I completely missed it if there was.

I forgot all about this.

It was actually the beautiful example of a killing machine sitting on the table. I didn't even notice the pussy.

Greg sent me a holy Fuente package...so I have to admit it through my for a loop with the unbanded cigar. I have to say I had ALOT of fun doing this one and then ending just shocked the heck out of me!

Here is my review;

Worn leather started off in the first third from the initial lite. After each draw it seemed to leave dark chocolate lingering. As I continued to sip my coffee it really brought out the worn leather experience. This is only the second lancero cigar that I have smoked and not been disappointed with after a few minutes. ( the other is the dpg blue funedores. ) still into the first third the cigar is performing perfectly. Each draw full of smoke with no harshness or spice. Very mellow feel but starting to get sense IT'S a med to full cigar.

IMAG0215.jpg
IMAG0216.jpg

As I begin to reach the half way point I am picking up some slight hints of cedar and sweetness. It's rather amazing that I am half way through and the spice and sweetness that were not there in the first half are there now. The spice is not over done either; but hits the pallet just right and leaves a nice linger in you mouth. The cigar is still performing flawlessly with full smoke and a easy draw.
As the final third ends I am getting a little spice and a nice sting of tobacco out of this nice little guy.

IMAG0219.jpg

Over all a great cigar. As I stated before I am not a huge fan of lanceros but this one smoked wonderfully. I can not place it as I have not experienced much of this before. If I was to guess I would say a LFD ? (only because I have not experienced that before)

As I open the results I am floored! It is a El Triunfador ! I am absolutely shocked. I really enjoyed this smoke. I had one about a year ago and did not enjoy it at all. I have read reviews and raves and just thought it wasn't for me...but wow, I am very pleased now! Although pissed because I thought the was at least one cigar that Pete produced that I didn't like...guess not.

Thank you Greg. Great job.
IMAG0220.jpg

To the eye - Dark torpedo with a mottled and inconsistent color. Actually, the wrapper looks very good but the color at the foot is substantially lighter than the head. This stick is coming in at around 6 ½ inches (no, I didn’t measure it) and probably a 50 or more ring gauge. There is a good bit of oily sheen on the wrapper.

To the nose - The aroma of this cigar from a pre-light perspective is fairly unremarkable. The foot gives off just the slightest hint of a scent that reminds me of a Padron. At this point in time I have absolutely no idea what this cigar could be.

Pre-light - Okay, this cigar is very very pleasant on the pre-light draw. Nice chocolate tastes all over the place. The pre-light draw shows nearly ideal draw attributes. Not too tight, not too loose. Again, so far so good!

The Smoke - I lit up at 8:27 pm. The initial flavor is mild-ish. Don’t get me wrong, we aren’t talking Macanudo mild but there is not a load of spice coming through to me. 10 MINUTES IN - No remarkable change in flavor but I have been able to recognize the flavor a bit more. Think of a very good dark chocolate. The burn is mostly straight and appears to be correcting itself. 20 MINUTES IN - First ash dropped at a little over an inch. The flavor is picking up a bit with more sweetness and leather tastes coming in. So far I am not blown away but I am certainly enjoying the smoke. 30 MINUTES IN - For those who would suggest that wrapper coloration doesn’t make a difference, get this cigar. The foot was substantially lighter in color (oh, by the way, this is not one of those LGC two toned wrapper sticks) and now that I am getting into the darker part of the wrapper, there is much more flavor. Nothing too complex but a good solid chocolate flavor. 40 MINUTES IN - No complaints from me. This thing is smoking like a champ and the burn has evened completely. There is a little more spice now but this is not a spice bomb cigar. No offensive flavors, just good solid dark chocolate flavor. More sweetness coming through and I am happy! 50 MINUTES - Yes, I am still happy. I cannot say this is the most complex cigar but it is very well made and whoever makes it had a particular flavor in mind. Perfect burn and now lots of good taste. ONE HOUR IN - Suddenly I am wishing this cigar was quite a bit longer. What started slowly in the area of flavor is going to finish strong. 72 MINUTES IN - I am finishing this one. This is a nice cigar. Frankly, when I started with it I was not thinking this was going to be a great cigar. After spending over an hour with it, I am quite pleased with how this one smoked. Not a big shift in flavor profile but the same chocolate got more intense as the smoke progressed.

The Verdict - Definitely a cigar to keep around. This was a very good smoke.

The Guess - I have absolutely no idea. It’s not a Padron. It’s nothing from the Don Pepin Garcia stable. It’s not Cuban. Not Torano. Fuente has enough stuff around that it could fall there but I cannot place it as being a Fuente for sure. It did remind me some of Panacea but I don’t think it was sweet enough to be their’s. I honestly have no idea.

THE REVEAL - Wow, this is a cigar that I haven’t had in a while but I have had it’s cousins quite a bit. I guess it doesn’t surprise me but this is an ANEJO 55.

Thanks for the chance to smoke and review this one. As I said before, this is a solid smoke and I had 72 good minutes. THANKS!

Now, if you have read this review, head on over to the Passes In Progress forum and hit me up for you shot at a blind review!

(Pictures will be added when I get the chance).

Glad you enjoyed it my friend! I have had a few of these in the last month or so and find it to be just a great consistent smoke. I am glad to find it was not to easy of a guess!

For those of you that have not been involved in a PIF yet, head over to the passes portion of CP. This is one of the coolest places on this site! I love taking part.

I apologize for this delayed review; life has been crazy around my house lately. With this week off from work, I finally found time to smoke this monster cigar.

The cigar that Stu,(punk_laywer),sent for the blind review is a huge 7.25x54. It is very well constructed with a dark, oily, maduro wrapper that has quite a bit of tooth. It is firm with a good bit of weight to it and has the aroma of well aged tobacco.

I clip the end and find the pre-light draw to be tight, but with the flavor of just good tobacco. After toasting the foot, the initial draw is tight with a hint of spice and a lot of good tobacco flavor. As it gets further into the first third of the cigar, the draw of this medium bodied cigar loosens to almost perfect with great amounts of smoke and a very rich tobacco flavor. I am sure I have had this cigar before, just can’t quite place it.

The second third of the cigar reveals the flavor of well aged tobacco with hints of leather. The burn is sharp with a tight grey ash. Now I KNOW I have had this cigar before in a smaller size, but can’t put a name to it.

Into the last third of this cigar the flavors remain as before with a more hints of leather. I do get the flavor of burnt leaves from time to time and have to remind myself to slow down. After slowing down the burnt flavor is gone and I am just getting into the second hour of this smoke.

After 2 hours and 25 minutes the cigar is gone. While not a very complex cigar, the flavors of rich tobacco and leather made this medium bodied cigar very enjoyable. I definitely need to get some of these! I would give it a rating of 4 out of 5.

Now as to what I think this cigar is. ??? I really don’t know. :( I know I have had this one before, but I just can’t place it. I know the size is not correct, but this cigar reminds me of an Arturo Fuente Cuban Corona Maduro.

Now the reveal…drum roll please………it is a JR Ultimate Maduro #1. WOW, I never smoked this one before, but I will buy some soon.

Thanks, Stu (punk_lawyer)!! I really enjoyed the cigar the experience of writing my first official review. :thumbs:

The cigar that Dave,(thechenman),sent for the blind review is a huge 7.25x54. It is very well constructed with a dark, oily, maduro wrapper that has quite a bit of tooth. It is firm with a good bit of weight to it and has the aroma of well aged tobacco.

Thanks, Stu (punk_lawyer)!! I really enjoyed the cigar the experience of writing my first official review. :thumbs:

My apologies to Dave (thechenman) for his getting dragged into this! Don't hold this against Dave... ;)

I am happy that you enjoyed the cigar. The JR Ultimate maduros have exceeded my expectations but the larger sizes seem more consistently good than the smaller sizes. That's why you got that gigantic cigar instead of a smaller vitola. Don't hold back on getting a handful of JR Ultimates, when the prices are right, they are worth the purchase.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Sorry guys...I know this has been a long time coming. Got swamped with the holdiays crashing on me, but that's no excuse. Sadly, I don't have any pictures to go with this review. It's unfortunate as it was a really beautiful looking cigar. Well...let's get started.

On inspecting the cigar it looks to be a toro. This parejo was about 6 inches in length and maybe a 50 or 52 ring gauge. The color is a deep dark chocolate for the most part with lighter shades of brown on certain parts of the wrapper making it look almost marbled. From the appearance, I would definitely say this cigar was a maduro. It is fairly firm to the touch with no soft spots found. The cap was a little sloppy, but who cares as I was just about th cut it off with my Palio cutter. At this point, i have no idea what cigar this is.

The smell of the cigar was tobacco and earth and the draw was quite nice. Not too tight nor too lose. It was definitely hefty in hand and the tobacco well packed. This was a very well constructed cigar. As I prepare to light this bad boy, the cigar leaves a little saltiness on my lips while I'm lighting it up with my Blazer PB207. It takes a little effort, but I finally get the cigar going. The initial puffs leave some pepperiness on my palate and I taste a lot of earth and some leather. I'm getting the feeling this will be a the very least a medium-full smoke.

In the first third I still don't have any idea what this cigar is. I know it isn't Cuban, and I think the wrapper is maduro, and I know the vitola is a toro...that's about it. I'm still tasting earth and leather predominately. The pepper has pulled back. I get an occassional hint of bitterness. Not sure if that is a dark chocolate type of bitterness or not as it is so slight. The cigar is medium bodied now and is putting out a nice amount of smoke. The ash is fairly solid, but showing hints that it won't hang on much past an inch and a half. The color of th eash is a mottled gray...dark in some areas, lighter in others.

Into the scond third I still can't put my finger on this cigar. I ruled out Cuban, but I don't know if it is a DC, NC, HC or possibliy something else. The flavor profile hasn't changed much and the cigar is still medium. I'm beginning to think that maybe this cigar won't be as strong as I had first anticpated. No worries there as I am enjoying it. There are some changes going on right now...a bit of nuttiness...maybe something like cashews, maybe not cashews, but definitely some nutty flavors there. Sorry...I still don't have a clue as to what cigar it is.

Okay going into the final third I'm still as clueless as to what cigar this is. It's turned out to be more medium than medium-full. If I had to guess I would say thei cigar would most likely be Dominican, but that is just a hunch. Given the color I speculated that it might be a Litto Gomez, but given how the cigar hasn't really ramped up, I rule that guess out. Cigars usually get a bit stronger in the final third and a bit hotter, but with this cigar I'm not getting either. The nuttiness has died down...one funny thing is that I haven't tasted any of the sweetness I normally associate with a maduro cigar...I'm beginnning to think that maybe this is a very dark sun grown. Who knows? The cigar finishes with some pepper notes and lots of leather.

Overall, I would say this is an enjoyable smoke. Fairly complex good flavors of earth, leather and nuts, but I have no idea what it is.

Drumroll please....may I have the envelope?

What? A Diamond Crown Maximus Toro No. 4? Wow!. Never would have guessed that, ever. I'd like to thank CulturedHick for this enjoyable experience. While I have smoked a few Diamond Crowns from a box I got as a gift from my brother, I've never had the pleausre of smoking a Diamond Crown Maximus...so thanks for the memories.

Sorry guys...I know this has been a long time coming. Got swamped with the holdiays crashing on me, but that's no excuse. Sadly, I don't have any pictures to go with this review. It's unfortunate as it was a really beautiful looking cigar. Well...let's get started.

On inspecting the cigar it looks to be a toro. This parejo was about 6 inches in length and maybe a 50 or 52 ring gauge. The color is a deep dark chocolate for the most part with lighter shades of brown on certain parts of the wrapper making it look almost marbled. From the appearance, I would definitely say this cigar was a maduro. It is fairly firm to the touch with no soft spots found. The cap was a little sloppy, but who cares as I was just about th cut it off with my Palio cutter. At this point, i have no idea what cigar this is.

The smell of the cigar was tobacco and earth and the draw was quite nice. Not too tight nor too lose. It was definitely hefty in hand and the tobacco well packed. This was a very well constructed cigar. As I prepare to light this bad boy, the cigar leaves a little saltiness on my lips while I'm lighting it up with my Blazer PB207. It takes a little effort, but I finally get the cigar going. The initial puffs leave some pepperiness on my palate and I taste a lot of earth and some leather. I'm getting the feeling this will be a the very least a medium-full smoke.

In the first third I still don't have any idea what this cigar is. I know it isn't Cuban, and I think the wrapper is maduro, and I know the vitola is a toro...that's about it. I'm still tasting earth and leather predominately. The pepper has pulled back. I get an occassional hint of bitterness. Not sure if that is a dark chocolate type of bitterness or not as it is so slight. The cigar is medium bodied now and is putting out a nice amount of smoke. The ash is fairly solid, but showing hints that it won't hang on much past an inch and a half. The color of th eash is a mottled gray...dark in some areas, lighter in others.

Into the scond third I still can't put my finger on this cigar. I ruled out Cuban, but I don't know if it is a DC, NC, HC or possibliy something else. The flavor profile hasn't changed much and the cigar is still medium. I'm beginning to think that maybe this cigar won't be as strong as I had first anticpated. No worries there as I am enjoying it. There are some changes going on right now...a bit of nuttiness...maybe something like cashews, maybe not cashews, but definitely some nutty flavors there. Sorry...I still don't have a clue as to what cigar it is.

Okay going into the final third I'm still as clueless as to what cigar this is. It's turned out to be more medium than medium-full. If I had to guess I would say thei cigar would most likely be Dominican, but that is just a hunch. Given the color I speculated that it might be a Litto Gomez, but given how the cigar hasn't really ramped up, I rule that guess out. Cigars usually get a bit stronger in the final third and a bit hotter, but with this cigar I'm not getting either. The nuttiness has died down...one funny thing is that I haven't tasted any of the sweetness I normally associate with a maduro cigar...I'm beginnning to think that maybe this is a very dark sun grown. Who knows? The cigar finishes with some pepper notes and lots of leather.

Overall, I would say this is an enjoyable smoke. Fairly complex good flavors of earth, leather and nuts, but I have no idea what it is.

What? A Diamond Crown Maximus Toro No. 4? Wow!. Never would have guessed that, ever. I'd like to thank CulturedHick for this enjoyable experience. While I have smoked a few Diamond Crowns from a box I got as a gift from my brother, I've never had the pleausre of smoking a Diamond Crown Maximus...so thanks for the memories.

I am glad you enjoyed it! I do like to smoking my favorites, but to me I get just as much satisfaction smoking a cigar I have never had before.

I am glad you enjoyed it! I do like to smoking my favorites, but to me I get just as much satisfaction smoking a cigar I have never had before.

Thanks again for the opportunity to smoke the Diamond Crown Maximus. I agree with you in terms of getting satisfaction from trying new cigars. I know many guys find cigars they like and stick with them, and will try a new one from time to time. I smoke my favorites, but I also try to smoke as much variety as possible to get a true sense of what is out there. Old favorites are often replaced by new ones in this fashion.

Ok…this is my third Blind Review. I realy like doing these as it makes you pay attention to the cigar. Niko sent me a nice package and I was anxious to get started.

Cigar had a very dark wrapper and measured 7”x49. When I put it to my nose for a sniff it made me sneeze….must be some pepper there..
IMG_20110119_191808.jpg

Pre Light
Cocoa taste…little pepper. I cut it and get a nice open draw. Upon lightning lots of initial smoke.

First 1/3

Stick is burning sharp and no draw problems. A nice light grey ash is forming and holds for about an inch. Ample smoke. As I’ve stated in other reviews I’m not a super taster. What I get is slight sweetness and a little pepper. Not typical Pepin pepper but pepper none the less. My first thought is an Ashton Product. I feel like I’ve had this before but can’t nail it down. Anejo maybe?

IMG_20110119_201403.jpg

Second 1/3
The more I smoke it the more I’m starting to be truly convinced this is an Anejo. So much so I grab a 49 I have and it looks pretty GD close and the profile seems to be spot on. At this point I’m completely convinced this is an Anejo ……I pretty much stop guessing.

IMG_20110119_203727.jpg

Last 1/3
As I mentioned this is my third Blind Review . I’m pretty cocky at this point and think I got this one figured out.

Not…I open the envelope and once again am wrong…As I think about it Anejo’ have a sweeter profile than this stick did but it was close enough to make me think I had it..

IMG_20110119_205435.jpg

IMG_20110119_201038.jpg

Bastard Niko

San Cristobal monumento.

IMG_20110119_205544.jpg

Truly a vice nice cigar. I enjoyed it right down to the nub.

Thanks Niko!

Here goes my first attempt at a blind cigar review.

Pre light-3:02
Nice chocolate brown, nice sweet smell, very nice construction.
Glass of water with the smoke

gallery_11633_1448_327339.jpg

1st
Initial spice and creamy, full blue smoke, nutty finish, great draw, just the slightest resistance on each puff, spice mellows out, the now mellow spice lingers after each puff, very creamy, and I’m catching a taste of leather.

gallery_11633_1448_733901.jpg

2nd
Can’t really put a guess onto what it is but maybe something Pepin because of the spice level, but I don’t recall the Pepin spice being quite like this. A little uneven on the burn, but no major issues. I think I am getting some wood and chocolate flavor. I can’t decide what brand I associate this spice to but, the spice kicks in again during the second third, this is a great cigar.

gallery_11633_1448_97280.jpg

3rd
Contains all the previous spice, wood and chocolate that I tasted and pulls it together, very nice finish. Finished at 4:21

I’m completely stumped on the cigar, and I’m pretty sure it’s not a Cuban. Something pepin is my guess, and I know this is broad but my guess would be one of the my father vitola, but included in the pass was a my father cigar… my experience with other pepin cigars is minimal, thus I cannot pick any other types without doing some research . I enjoyed the pass and the review, and to be honest this was my first full review. The cigar was fantastic and I want to thank Frank(Franco593) for the great opportunity.

gallery_11633_1448_276429.jpg

WOW!!!!....it was a E.P. Carrillo Edicion Inaugural 2010…thanks again brother!

gallery_11633_1448_150067.jpg

Nice review Keith. I bought a few of those from Isy on his suggestion. I really liked the one I smoked so I decided to pass it on. Glad you enjoyed it.

Its been a crazy last few weeks. With the record breaking snow fall that mother nature has gifted us along with the giant remodeling project I started on my convenience store, I have been really pressed for time to sit down and enjoy a good cigar. Trying to keep the doors open in a gas station while tearing up 2000 sq feet of tile floors and laying new tile has served to be a time consuming task. The good news is where about finished!

It’s a beautiful sunny day today with the temps in the low 40s so I took one of the few opportunities I have had lately and decided to smoke the blind cigar I received from Throwback. Thanks again Greg for an outstanding fiver.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/uploads/1296389272/gallery_10202_1451_73944.jpg

Looking at this cigar, it reminds me of the Casa Magna line that I have enjoyed in the past. I haven’t had one of those in a few months so I cant be certain but it’s a great looking cigar. Just from looking I would guess that it is around six inches with a ring gauge of 54-56. Its sporting a fairly smooth very nice maduro wrapper with one prominent vein running the length of the cigar. The cigar is very firm when squeezed and feels heavy in the hand.

Cutting the head I found a nearly perfect draw with the taste of straight forward tobacco. The foot lit fairly easy and the cigar delivered a mild smoke with a medium to full flavor. I was getting a very nice coffee bean flavor with a little chocolate mixed in. I was also getting an oaky flavor which I was really enjoying. It was bringing back memories of when I was in highschool at shop class working on wood projects. I have always thought it was weird how a smell or taste can spark an old memory. The only negative about this smoke so far in the first third is that the burn has been pretty wavy already needing a touch up.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/uploads/1296389272/gallery_10202_1451_45503.jpg

The flavors have pretty much stayed the same into the second third. A very nice coffee coco flavor with just a small hint of spice on the back of the tongue. I would probably still consider this a medium smoke with the flavors being a med to full. I have had to touch up the burn again but it doesn’t seem to be affecting the flavor. A really enjoyable cigar.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/uploads/1296389272/gallery_10202_1451_17497.jpg

The final third hasn’t delivered any surprises. Flavors still very much enjoyable and the same as the beginning with a perfect draw and a wavy burn.

Overall this cigar was very enjoyable. I must say it was much lighter then I expected from the size and look of it. The only negative was the burn, every time I thought it was going to even out she started to run again. I would consider this to be a medium smoke with medium to full flavors of coffee coco and some woodiness "oaky". As far as a guess to what this cigar is, I really don’t know. The flavors where a little lighter than the Casa Magna line that I remember. La Gloria Cubana Series R also comes to mind but I have never had one of those this size nor do I know if they make one this big.

Drum roll please.........................Rocky Patel Decade!
Ha you fooled me, never had one but I enjoyed it! Thanks Brother.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=8806[img]

Side Note, I have some pictures but I am having trouble getting them to come up, Ill try on my other computer later tonight.

SB-no3.jpg

Yesterday was a perfect day to give this cigar a fair shot, 70 degrees and perfect conditions in the ole garage. My first thoughts when picking this cigar up was how oily the wrapper was and how firm it was to the touch and squeeze. Right off the bat I was thinking about the Liga Privada, it seemed to have around the same length... and the wrapper was the same darker hue. Upon lighting this cigar up I tasted pepper and a hint of sweetness right away. At this point I still wasn't sure what I had but was growing more suspicous as I smoked.

The 2nd half of the cigar I was starting to feel a bit queezy, I had a water and reached for some sugar. This was one strong cigar! Once I got over the quick "Nic head rush" I started to think more along the lines of a Litto Gomez or La Flor Double Ligero product. The Liga Privadas never hit me as hard as this thing was. The flavors were intense at this point with chewy leather and more pepper, It was also burning pretty slow. I did get a few burn issues but I think the cigar was a bit wet as my humidor has been reaching 70-72% humidity recently.

So all in all it was a great smoke that took me well over 2 hours to get through. My guess, well... I didn't really have one. I would just have to say a La Flor DL, but It was more balanced and deeper than that so... Litto Gomez Small Batch No. 3, WOW! Thanks thechenman!
Small-batch-no3.jpg

SB-no3.jpg

Yesterday was a perfect day to give this cigar a fair shot, 70 degrees and perfect conditions in the ole garage. My first thoughts when picking this cigar up was how oily the wrapper was and how firm it was to the touch and squeeze. Right off the bat I was thinking about the Liga Privada, it seemed to have around the same length... and the wrapper was the same darker hue. Upon lighting this cigar up I tasted pepper and a hint of sweetness right away. At this point I still wasn't sure what I had but was growing more suspicous as I smoked.

The 2nd half of the cigar I was starting to feel a bit queezy, I had a water and reached for some sugar. This was one strong cigar! Once I got over the quick "Nic head rush" I started to think more along the lines of a Litto Gomez or La Flor Double Ligero product. The Liga Privadas never hit me as hard as this thing was. The flavors were intense at this point with chewy leather and more pepper, It was also burning pretty slow. I did get a few burn issues but I think the cigar was a bit wet as my humidor has been reaching 70-72% humidity recently.

So all in all it was a great smoke that took me well over 2 hours to get through. My guess, well... I didn't really have one. I would just have to say a La Flor DL, but It was more balanced and deeper than that so... Litto Gomez Small Batch No. 3, WOW! Thanks thechenman!
Small-batch-no3.jpg

Nice revie Niko...sorry about the nic hit.

The sun was out, the snow was gone, it was 52 degrees. Perfect day to do the Blind Cigar review!

...with a few hitches. More about that later. (Also, my camera died before I could finish so hopefully I'll get the pictures posted after its charged).

I took Brian's selection out of my humi and gathered my things to head outside.

Todays smoke was paired with a nice lime polar seltzer, quickly becoming my fav. non-alcoholic drink to pair with cigars.

For appearance I gave this cigar a 4/5. It is a beautiful color, definitely looking sungrown to me. There is one prominent vein and it has a slight oil sheen to it.

Contsruction is a 3/5. Very nicely rolled with a few minor imperfections in the wrapper.

I used my v-notch cutter to cut the cap and my blazer torch to toast the foot and off I went!

Immediately the aroma coming from the toasted foot is sweet and toasty (duh! haha). The first few puffs to get it going didn't reveal any thing too flavorful other than a nice sweetness.
The cigar so far through the first third is very smooth and sweet. The draw is spot on, exactly how I like it with just enough tightness to really get a good pull on it.
So far, No guesses.

As I progress through to the 2nd third I'm getting some very nice flavors of caramel and coffee and sweet tobacco. Into the second third I start to take some guesses.
Is it an illusione? Maybe the nosotros? Not sure.

As I continue to smoke I had a mishap. A small rain shower decided to come through so I scrambled to grab my stuff and head to the garage. As I did the worst of the worst happened... I dropped the cigar! AHHH!
The wrapper split on me and I thought all was lost. I did what I could to repair it and tack it down with some spit because I was determined to finish this cigar. It was really quite enjoyable. A large portion of the
wrapper had flaked off but surprisingly it continued to smoke really well.

Moving into the final third this cigar was tasting fantastic and smoking equally fantastically. Some other guesses. My Father 1922 le bijou toro. Yes I was most certain this was it. It had to be.

The flavors were continuing to deepen toward the nub. Sweet toasty caramel, milk chocolate, morning coffee. Just delicious.

The cigar held together despite my carelessness and I smoked it right down to the nub. I thoroughly enjoyed this smoke an I decided that it was indeed a My Father 1922 Le Bijou toro.

Final answer.

And the actual cigar is ::drum roll:: (man was I wrong) AVO Heritage Toro! I had my countries all screwed up! haha :laugh:

Brian, Thank you for this fantastic smoke and the opportunity to enjoy it. AVO continues to produce some of my favorite cigars and you have just reminded me of the few that I have in my coolidor just waiting to be smoked.
Thanks again, brother!

-Greg

P4020065.jpg

P4020069.jpg

P4020072.jpg

P4020073.jpg

P4020074.jpg

The unlabeled and unknown cigar in the humidor was starting to taunt me. The mystery cigar GregSVT sent over had me excited to try and it was a nice day to smoke. The cigar was about 6" x54 and had a rich and deep brown wrapper with some smaller discolored areas (most likely leftover glue from the band). The culprit had a low sheen and a felt solid but light in the hand. A quick whiff of the wrapper yielded a sweet tobacco smell that had my full attention.

med_gallery_12094_1464_1282994.jpg

I clipped off the cap and the prelight taste was as sweet as candy with the slightest hint of grass. I pulled out my Xikar and lit it up.

I cautiously took my first sip of the cigar as I could only guess at the strength and was greeted with a very pleasant first taste. My mouth filled with a slightly earthy taste that was worked very well with the sweeter coco and honey flavors that were more prominent. They all balanced very well to create rich flavors in this medium strength smoke. This cigar is burning at a good pace and keeping a straight burn as I work my way through it. The first third of the cigar was very sweet with a slight wood and slight leather flavors in the background. They began to take over while the initial sweetness is starting to subside as I worked my way into the second third. The ash is still holding at this point, but I decided to tap it off into the ashtray before it became part of my jacket.

med_gallery_12094_1464_203787.jpg

My initial guesses of this cigar are all over the place. The sweetness of the wrapper reminds my of my first VSG. The body of the cigar reminds me of Opus X. The slight grassy undertone in the background makes me think this cigar could be CC. At this point I decide there is no joy in guessing and I should just savor these wonderful flavors. crackle, crackle...ack

The wrapper is starting to split. The cherry on the cigar is expanding wider than the wrapper and resulted in a small crack. I keep smoking and am enjoying these earthy flavors. Every now and again the sweetness comes back as a tease, but I notice it most on the finish of the cigar. The wrapper cracked a bit further, but the quality of the draw and these rich flavors do not seem to be affected.

med_gallery_12094_1464_712979.jpg

The cigar is picking up in strength and I am really enjoying the richness of these flavors. The burn is not even due to the wrapper, but a quick correction with my lighter takes care of that. I notice something interesting when touching up the burn line. As I take the lighter to the foot, the oils in the partially burnt ash are melting and balling up. You can see the little white balls in the ash in the picture below.

med_gallery_12094_1464_285938.jpg

I get past the cracked part of the wrapper and keep smoking. The rich flavors I enjoyed are all back and in perfect balance. The strength continued to build until I almost burnt my thumb and I still have no idea what this cigar is, but it was a great treat after a long day at work.

med_gallery_12094_1464_1539892.jpg

Baylee's keen nose could not help me either. She is perplexed.

med_gallery_12094_1464_1227595.jpg

At this point, I have no idea what this cigar is. It was full of delicious flavors and the strength did not overpower at any point. I want to say this is a Fuente cigar, but I have no idea what this cigar is. I feel a sense of deja vu from smoking my first VSG, so I would guess this is the best VSG I've ever had. I open the envelope and...

med_gallery_12094_1464_566490.jpg

It's a God of Fire - Don Carlos 2006. What a wonderful smoke. Thank you for sharing this one with me Greg, it was truly enjoyable. I have smoked a Carlito, but it was an entirely different experience than the Carlos. These flavors were much more balanced and lacked the spicy punch of the Carlito and I'm glad to have had this experience. :D