• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blowing on the Sides of Cigars

Setren

A good friend of mine with whom I smoke wants me to ask if it's "kosher" or OK to blow in the sides of cigars to try to cool them down so that they don't burn too hot. I don't know if this actually accomplishes when he wants, but I thought I'd ask you guys what you thought about trying to cool down a cigar while smoking it.

I'm no professional, but I'd say smoking 'em slower would probably be a better technique, and you might look a little cooler too!

~R

A good friend of mine with whom I smoke wants me to ask if it's "kosher" or OK to blow in the sides of cigars to try to cool them down so that they don't burn too hot. I don't know if this actually accomplishes when he wants, but I thought I'd ask you guys what you thought about trying to cool down a cigar while smoking it.

If you're friend want's to blow on a cigar...well....let's just say I'd rather not have the pictures!

Wouldn't blowing on something that's on FIRE fuel it?

mysterea hit it on the nose....smoke slower.

Or your friend could do a quick rub of it with some water!

Blowing on an actively burning cigar tends to accelerate the burn.

If it's burning too hot, the draw more lightly, draw more slowly, and allow more time between draws. Unless the cigar is very loose or very moist, this should do the trick.

Wilkey