• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blown Away! A cigar smoker's love story.......

dbperea

Good afternoon gentleman,

I don't know why I feel compelled to share this information, other than it might make for a good read and help one pleasantly pass a few moments today. Reason enough! Forgive me if this accidentally ends up in the wrong forum.

Its safe to say that no one here really knows me that well yet, what I am about or anything like that but for some years now I have been smoking cigars and in the company of women have been met with mixed feelings on my hobby/vice. I have read plenty of short quips about how the Ms. won't stand for the smoking or anything remotely related to our foul trade! Then of course, there are the charlotans! The women who when you first tell them of your guilty pleasure pretend to be totally cool with it, then slowly over time try to change you. We all probably have some experience with this creature. The quick quips of "awe not tonight honey", "oh, I'll have to wash my hair in the morning and tomorrow is a no hair wash day", etc...Well what is a man to do? Is he going to break up with his long treasured, comfortable, reliable hobby or his girl? I may get in trouble with some of the BOTL for this, but man am I lucky this time around, and surprised!

My girlfriend started out ok with my smoking, then as time progressed she would slowly try to curb my behaviours yet at the same time seemed a little curious about it. Well one evening after I had prepared a very nice meal complete with wine, after dinner Kahlua and coffee, and a nice bottle of Port I decided to light up one of my PAdron Serie 1926 Maduro's. Wow, I must say it did make the evening that much more enjoybale. Soft, classic jazz sounds coming from the stereo, the light from the candle flickering and jumping, good drink and a great girl. So, in her state of drunken happiness, my girl leans over and asks me if she can take a puff. I am startled by this but hesitant. A cigar of this calibur has the strength to not only knock the wind out of her, but also put her off on the whole cigar experience forever. Well, after another request by her, I hand it over and in amazement watch as she takes two nice big belts off that sucker without even flinching! I chalk this up to drunkeness but am impressed none the less. Well, I decide to see how far I can take this thing. She tells of the times when her and a girlfriend used to get some swisher sweets and stuff so I figure to do one better and pick out my Kahlua by Drew Estate that I had gotten from the Big Smoke. Stopping over at the store, I also purchase an acid Earthiness and a Blondie. The experiment is about to begin......................

Next weekend we are on the way to her familys lake house for her birthday, I pack everything up including the flavored cigars for the long weekend. I figure might as well try and do it right if I am going to do it, break her in nice and sloooooow! She smokes the Kahlua and absolutely loves it, then after nosing both the earthiness and the blondie wants to try the little blue bullet! I warn her that its quite a strong cigar but she shrugs me off. I figure this will be the end of my experiment! I was wrong! Again, in shocked amazement, I sit there and watch her happily chugging away on her cigar, she does need direction, lighting, drawing, smoking pace, but overall, very impressive...

So to make a long story short, we do this a few more times, and she really likes the Blondies, so I pick her up a few here and there...Now I figure I have her properly prepared to make a jump. I figure the best bridge cigars to the traditional would be either the Macanudo Gold or an Ashton Classic. I ask her if she is ready to just try a regular cigar this past Friday. She says yes and I decide, its best to go with the Ashton Magnum, its not too much cigar in case she wants to put it down. I choose for myself a PAM that has been aging nicely in my humidor for about a year (I had a rough day, nothing less would be able to snap me out of my funky mood). We get to smoking, her skills are improving, she is learning how to light and handle her cigars with more ease. I sit back and relax and study! Overall she likes it, and found the Ashton to be very enjoyable. BUT WAIT! It gets better. After she puts her cigar down, I am still enjoying mine, roughly 60% through my stick and decide "eh, what the heck!" I ask her for purposes of comparison would she like a draw off mine? She does, indeed and what do you think her reaction is? Nothing but pure exhileration!

Have you ever heard of someone who is a lifelong non smoker, take to enjoying cigars of the fuller bodied nature so soon? I must say, its a delight to no longer have her (or any other woman) get upset at me for smoking by having her join me. Mom and Dad were right, sharing is a good thing! But that she enjoys maduro cigars beginning in the Medium to Full bodied spectrum better than the lighter smokes? What more could a guy ask for??!

Next mission: start getting her to play poker...............I'll keep you guys posted!

Cool story!!

Friends of ours who are smokers (her cigarettes and him, ciggys or a Colt as a treat) both raid my humi every once in a while. Now she's become fascinated with my pipes and has started taking a puff on whatever I'm smoking once in a while.

Hahahaha! That is funny! Yup! Now my dumb arse is going to have to stock the humi full of 64 and 26s for the both of us!

Pics? of the cigars or the lady? Hmm.. if the lady, don't know that she would approve of being the pinup girl of the week!

Pics? of the cigars or the lady? Hmm.. if the lady, don't know that she would approve of being the pinup girl of the week!

What she don't know won't hurt her. After all, this is not about her, it is about us! :D

Great story, enjoyed it.

What she don't know won't hurt her. After all, this is not about her, it is about us! :D

Great story, enjoyed it.
[/quote]

Well, when I figure out how to upload pics and things on this website. Maybe..........

BTW, whoever the blondie is in the bikini burnin the cigar.....yum!

Great story and so far, a perty good gal! At this point, I would consider keeping an eye on the humi. :p

Im lucky my G/F supports my hobby and once in a great while she picks up some rarer sticks for me.. I also caught her smoking at the 1st annual CP herf last year!