• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blue Moon

DemonR6

BBQn, Smokin & Ridin
I was in the grocery store the other day picking up my usual, Blue Moon Belgian White, when I saw this. Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale...has anyone tried this? I wanted to get some for the night but they didnt have any cold. I'll probably head back tomorrow to pick at least a 6 pack up, but wanted to see if anyone had tried it first.

I am curious too. If you want to wait, I am going to my store tomorrow to get a mixed 6 pack of pumpkin ales. I need to get in the mood for fall and they should help!

I can put up a review some time shortly.

Wow, seems rather unliked on that review. I think I will still pick some out just to try.

DemonR6 said:
Wow, seems rather unliked on that review. I think I will still pick some out just to try.
[snapback]231096[/snapback]​

Yea it does, but those guys over there are hardcore beer drinkers, but hey you could love it.

DemonR6 said:
I was in the grocery store the other day picking up my usual, Blue Moon Belgian White, when I saw this. Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale...has anyone tried this? I wanted to get some for the night but they didnt have any cold. I'll probably head back tomorrow to pick at least a 6 pack up, but wanted to see if anyone had tried it first.
[snapback]231088[/snapback]​

I love it and wish I could cost effectivly have it sent to me since it is a seasonal and local to Tennessse area beer. I had it while on the Coors tour in Colorado. Great tasting beer.

I had some last Friday night. It certainly is pumpkin and not too bad taken one or two at a sitting. Even the wife liked it.

DemonR6 said:
I was in the grocery store the other day picking up my usual, Blue Moon Belgian White, when I saw this. Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale...has anyone tried this?
[snapback]231088[/snapback]​

I always pick up a couple of 6 packs of Shipyard's Pumpkin Ale around this time of year. It's a fun beer to drink. It tastes more like Pumpkin Pie (with all the spices) than it tastes like pumpkin.

I haven't had the Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale...I assume it's similar.

Enjoy!

Joe

I picked some up over the weekend. It was okay, but not something I will be buying again. Im glad I got it, just so I can see what it was all about though.

DemonR6 said:
I picked some up over the weekend. It was okay, but not something I will be buying again. Im glad I got it, just so I can see what it was all about though.
[snapback]233499[/snapback]​

I agree. I was able to get a mixed six pack. So far Shipyard has taste the most like pumpkin pie to me.

Blue Moon's Pumpkin Ale is a bust. I was pretty disappointed in it and especially since its from BM.

I haven't had Blue Moon pumpkin ale but I've had some others.

Dogfish Punkin Ale - a very strong flavored ale that seems to hide alot of the pumpkin flavor, although some of the spices are definitely there...dogfish ales typically are strong and I think this just has to much backbone for the pumpkin to stand up to

Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale - probably the best I've had, not too heavy on the spices or pumpkin, and overall a good balanced ale

Post Road Pumpkin Ale - pretty decent as well, a little weaker ale than Smuttynose and a little stonger pumpkin flavor

Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale - when I tried this last year it was like pumpkin pie in a bottle, heavy on the pumpkin and spices but not in a bad way...this year it had weaker flavor and the body was so much thinner..needless to say I was very disappointed with their brew this season