• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blue Tooth Ear Buds

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
I’m interested in getting some Blu tooth ear buds which can handle phone calls. I’ve seen several types at the gym but most appear to be just for music. I know that Apple makes ear buds that look like their corded ones, sans the cord which look like you’d loose one sooon after opening the package. Does anyone have any experience with those? How well do they stay in your ears as you move around? Also what other options are there and your thoughts on the other options?
Thanks

I use Jaybirds Bluebuds for in ear. They block unwanted sound quite well with aftermarket memory foam ear tips from Comply. Unfortunately, the way my ears are made, turning my head causes ear buds to release.

Over the ear, I use Peltor Sport Tac 500. I was running the mower Friday, and held a normal phone conversation with my wife using the Peltor ear muffs. She could hear a little bit of noise, but couldn't tell it was a mower.

I have a pair of Beats Powerbeats 2, and I absolutely love them. I have them in any time I'm in my office building, use them for calls, and wear them to the gym. Never any issues.

I've used my Plantronics BackBeats 2 for a couple of phone calls. Mind you, I did not buy them specifically for phone calls though. They have good audio quality for Bluetooth headsets and are reasonably priced on Amazon.

I've used my Plantronics BackBeats 2 for a couple of phone calls. Mind you, I did not buy them specifically for phone calls though. They have good audio quality for Bluetooth headsets and are reasonably priced on Amazon.

Same ones I have, I like them and they work fine for phone calls.

I’m interested in getting some Blu tooth ear buds which can handle phone calls. I’ve seen several types at the gym but most appear to be just for music. I know that Apple makes ear buds that look like their corded ones, sans the cord which look like you’d loose one sooon after opening the package. Does anyone have any experience with those? How well do they stay in your ears as you move around? Also what other options are there and your thoughts on the other options?
Thanks
I have the air pods from apple I really like them and they pretty well put. I use them at the gym and have no problems with them

I've had quite a few ear bud types except for the Apple Airbuds...and have experienced less than stellar results. They all sounded pretty good for music and varying when it came to call clarity, but they were all buggy as hell. The biggest issues I've experienced are sporadic connectivity to the phone and with each other, daily battery life & retaining that amount of time as they age, and overall durability. I use them primarily for work talking to customers and none of them have held up past 3 months to a year of frequent use...all of them I bought. Bose ($$)...Erato Apollo ($$$$)...Jabra...B&O ($$$).
I have the Plantronic Legend in every iteration and is my go-to for everyday phone work with 7 hours talk time....and fulfill my need to be able to connect two phones simultaneously. A few guys I know that have the Apple Airpods (they were white with black colored 'stems') and both guys love them and I can vouch for clear connections during phone calls. One guy has had them about a year (still going strong) and the other received them as a Christmas gift last year. Both profess they remain in their ears during strenuous work...but again, they only connect to one phone at a time.

After looking at the whole market again within the last month, I'm convinced they're still not ready for prime time for my use. I'll be interested to hear what you wind up with. The more research you do, the more confused you can become. That's how I wound up buying so many....:eek:

Also, everyone on this thread...how long have you had them?...any quirks?

Hello! Gear geek here! I will break this down super simple!

Apple AirPods - (I can get you a discount because I work for Apple and we have a friends and family discount) They work great, people love them but the most common issue is people losing one or both buds. They are also intended for Apple Devices only.

Jaybirds - Awesome, but I found the rubber ear tips get lost easily, but you can buy replacements cheap online. Battery life and sound are great. They plug up the ear and cut a lot of outside noise out.

Anker Curve - Dollar for dollar best deal, cant beat it, Amazon 2 day.

Google Pixel Buds - Expensive as heck, they do work great and sound good, but youll hit the button to prompt Google Assistant a lot lol

Bose In Ear - Arguably the same issues as the airpods, around the same price with discount.

Tow. Thanks guys for the input. My wife has some Samsung ear buds which I decided I’d try for a few days to see how serious I’m going to get about this.