• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

bluetooth headsets

ree ree robusto

Official Misfit
i think i'm going to break down and buy one for my blackberry tour. seems like the best thing for now that i have a newborn to hold...any suggestions on what to buy? whats good?

thanks,
ree

Personally, I've enjoyed the Jabra BT500 and the Jawbone line. In my book, the Jawbone edges out the Jabra with the exception of the fact that the Jabra fits nicely in my full face helmet (in fact, feels more comfortable all around). In the rare moments that I'm actually wearing it around, it's also less notable by others which I appreciate a lot.

I still prefer the Jawbone's audio characteristics. Supposedly the new BT5020 has greatly enhanced noise cancellation over the BT500 but...it looks like it wouldn't be that comfortable.

edit: My grammers stinks

I recently bought a Plantronics Voyager Pro. It's the best headset I've ever owned.

I spend 10-12 hours a week talking on the phone in my car, outside in the wind, inside, etc. I've never used anything better for wind noise cancellation.

I recently bought a Plantronics Voyager Pro. It's the best headset I've ever owned.

I spend 10-12 hours a week talking on the phone in my car, outside in the wind, inside, etc. I've never used anything better for wind noise cancellation.

i was debating over the voyager and aliph jawbone prime. voyager has better rating compared on cnet.com. do i go for bulky performance or sleek less quality jawbone??? i'm swaying towards voyager.

i'm really not buying for the look. will be using primarily in car, around the house, etc...

Edit for: Does the size of your ear matter in purchasing a headset? My ears are more on the smaller size than larger size...Plantronics Voyager might look extra big on me...

I'm guessing I'll just have to go to the store and look for myself.

Thanks for all the input!

-ree

Let me know what you end up getting. I'm looking for a new one for my palm pre and have looked at the ones your talking about. Would like to see what your thoughts are on the one you end up getting.

I've tried several over the years and the Jawbone is the only one that has ever worked properly while in the wind or a noisy room. The Jawbone is certainly not very good looking.

I tried several bluetooth headset until I got to the original Jawbone and loved it! Then it got lost :(

Now I have the Jawbone 2, and it's even better. I highly recommend either the Jawbone 2 or Jawbone Prime.

~Anthony

The problem with the Jawbone 2 is...'stubble'!

If I'm not clean shaven (my face - pervs!)...the facial hair stubble causes audio problems.

So, if you can grow a knarly beard...this one may not be for you.

I'm looking at the Blue Ant V1. Great reviews and voice activated. And it has a cool blue ant on it :cool:

I'm looking at the Blue Ant V1. Great reviews and voice activated. And it has a cool blue ant on it
cool.gif

Yea..but will it fit under a motorcycle helmet?!

:D

Yes, my stubble makes it a problem as I only shave once a week if not less. I settled on the Voyager Pro. Just came today. I likey! Not a big as I thought it would be. And, my hair is a bit long these days, so it hides most of the bulkiness. I'm only using this for driving and wearing the house. I'm not that cool to wear it out and about in public yet. That's taking it to another level that I'm no where close to yet. Maybe someday...:cool:

Got tired of carrying around the charger and having the battery run out when I need it most. Bought two of the white earphones with microphone from the Apple store, keep one the in car, one at the office. I don't miss that stupid bluetooth.

Got tired of carrying around the charger and having the battery run out when I need it most. Bought two of the white earphones with microphone from the Apple store, keep one the in car, one at the office. I don't miss that stupid bluetooth.

Wholly crap!

You just turned 21(posts).

You go!!!!

It's all about management. :p

Looks like it, and what better place to have voice activation.

As I understand, you have to press the button prior to each spontaneous command. You could answer or decline a call without having to press the button but you couldn't make a call without wiggling your finger in there.

If you aren't looking for just a cool looking headset for phone conversations I'd suggest these. They are great for on the phone, have the same controls as those little head sets but have fantastic sound quality for listening to other audio (movies, music, streaming etc.) on your phone. I love it for when I'm working outside and I want to listen to something and be able to take calls. When I'm in the car I would just toss them on the front seat and put them on if a call came in. Now for my car though I use this. Also has an FM transmitter with it's own power switch to play your audio off your phone on your car stereo if you want, or you can keep it off and just use it for hands free through it's own speaker.

Also, believe it or not I don't work for motorola, I've just have had good luck with them in quality and easy set up.

The problem with the Jawbone 2 is...'stubble'!

If I'm not clean shaven (my face - pervs!)...the facial hair stubble causes audio problems.

So, if you can grow a knarly beard...this one may not be for you.

I have a beard, and it hasn't been a problem for me w/the Jawbone.